Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 03:53 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times

Advertisements

My contribution to hysterical TRUTH...

2,4-D drift and runoff also pose serious risk for environmental harm. Because it is such a potent plant-killer, 2,4-D can harm animals by killing the plants they depend on for habitat and food. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the National Marine Fisheries Service have found that 2,4-D is likely having adverse impacts on several endangered species...

READ MORE

"Agent Orange" Corn: Biotech Only Winner in Chemical Arms Race as Herbicide Resistant Crops Fail

Old 02-24-2012, 07:30 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Ugga,

Just briefly, because I don't want to sidetrack too much, but certainly if it were on market would be much worse, but the plan was to have it go there, so this could happen at any time w/ nasty consequences. These companies get away w/ little accountability for the harm they do.
but it's not on the market now, and would have to go through a fairly lengthy approval process to ever be on the market. the fact of the matter is, terminator technology is not approved for field use. so you have one less thing to worry about.

Quote:
The other issue is what they don't get caught doing, which can vary, but many times these experiments end up escaping or just where they shouldn't be. The consequences are uncertain.

Other issues w/ super weeds and crop yields are tied in w/ the use of these crops, as well.

More info. Looks like some contaminated homes are being bought. hmmm.

Millions of Pounds of Toxic Dioxin to Flood US Farmland | Natural Society
lol, what a crazy website. 'millions of pounds of toxic dioxin'???

give me a break

Old 02-24-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
My contribution to hysterical TRUTH...

2,4-D drift and runoff also pose serious risk for environmental harm. Because it is such a potent plant-killer, 2,4-D can harm animals by killing the plants they depend on for habitat and food. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the National Marine Fisheries Service have found that 2,4-D is likely having adverse impacts on several endangered species...

READ MORE

"Agent Orange" Corn: Biotech Only Winner in Chemical Arms Race as Herbicide Resistant Crops Fail
um, what do you mean, 'herbicide resistant crops fail'? in what way are they failing?
are they losing their ability to withstand herbicide?

btw, your national marine fisheries and epa links are dead, as are most of the other links on that huffnpuff page.

here's a link for you:
Genetically Modified Crops to Get Faster Approval, USDA Says

Old 02-24-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Agree, by reading all the anti-GM posts and their links posted here and searching on the web all I found were hysterical phobics...

Such accredited web sites like:

gizadeathstar.com, Heritage and Heirloom Seed Catalog for Organic Gardeners, my.firedoglake.com, www.city-data.com/forum/, V7N - The Ultimate Internet Marketing Resource, njuice.com, Lee Kemp America's First Three-Time World Champion, Welcome to The Doctor Within, Miracle Mineral Supplement |MMS | Miracle Mineral Solution, Inicio, www.occupymonsanto360.org and on and on....

Seems they all take the same basic article and then put their hysterical spin on it.
garbage in, garbage out.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:56 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
garbage in, garbage out.

GIGO, yup.....

Still waiting for the OP to admit his hysterical post is wrong....

Old 02-24-2012, 01:59 PM

in what altered reality is the question originating in?

Old 02-24-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
in what altered reality is the question originating in?
The question concerning the erroneous misleading and flat out wrong OP?

As I pointed out many many posts ago Agent Orange is composed of a 50:50 mixture of 2,4-D and 2,4,5-T.

All you have ranted about throughout this thread is 2,4-D which is NOT Agent Orange so I guess it's your altered reality because in this reality 2,4-D is NOT Agent Orange.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_Orange

Lets deal with THE TRUTH and THE FACTS rather than PARANOIA, FEAR and SPREADING LIES shall we?

Last edited by plwhit; 02-24-2012 at 03:24 PM..

Old 02-24-2012, 04:04 PM

The question concening the erroneous misleading and flatout wrong supporters of monsanto?

Here is yet another slice of REALITY...

Charleston Gazette reporter Kate White was in the courtroom Thursday morning and tells NPR details of the settlement were not released and documents associated with the case are being kept secret.

Monsanto reaches settlement

Old 02-24-2012, 04:14 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
If you want to discount scientific studies feel free. You guys can buy all the GMO you want. I just want full disclosure of my food so I can personally avoid it. Dioxin is some seriously nasty stuff. Some farmers have found out the hard way about how toxic these pesticides are.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
The question concening the erroneous misleading and flatout wrong supporters of monsanto?

Here is yet another slice of REALITY...

Charleston Gazette reporter Kate White was in the courtroom Thursday morning and tells NPR details of the settlement were not released and documents associated with the case are being kept secret.

Monsanto reaches settlement
OK, lets go over this s l o w l y, o k?

The subject of this OP?

Quote:
NEWS: Agent Orange--coming soon to your GMO
Erroneous, misleading, and flat out wrong...

As I pointed out many many posts ago Agent Orange is composed of a 50:50 mixture of 2,4-D and 2,4,5-T.

All you have ranted about throughout this thread is 2,4-D which is NOT Agent Orange so I guess it's your altered reality because in this reality 2,4-D is NOT Agent Orange.

Agent Orange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lets deal with THE TRUTH and THE FACTS rather than PARANOIA, FEAR and SPREADING LIES shall we?

I t w a s y o u r f i n g e r t i p s t h a t t y p e d i t, a n d i t is W R O N G.

You flat can't admit you are wrong, that your GM phobia got the better of you with this topic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living