U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 06:43 AM

39,193 posts, read 40,579,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post

Even this guy is touching on it when discussing Iran.
Sunday Morning: Gossip and Intel and Welcome 2012 | Veterans Today
You read and believe this crap? He commenting about UFO's and this video:

Quote:
For anyone curious, these are live HD videos from an IPhone, taken recently in London of flying saucers over BBC headquarters in the middle of the afternoon.

UFOs Over London BBC Radio 1 Building - YouTube

I remember this when it came up, know where it was filmed? Right outside the doors of a special effects studio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 04:24 PM

8,487 posts, read 5,887,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You read and believe this crap? He commenting about UFO's and this video:

I remember this when it came up, know where it was filmed? Right outside the doors of a special effects studio.
Not sure what "crap" you are referring to. That UFO vid? There was a lot of things in that article. I don't think it is a matter of believing. It is just information from different avenues. I look at what they are saying and the evidence related those points or topics.

The reason I posted the article was in ref to the Iran energy situation and the other technologies being mentioned such as the "train" and "cold fusion" refs.

I don't recall the UFOs. That's a topic in itself. Are you saying there are no UFOs? Or that discussing a UFO discredits you? Not sure of your point.

The whole acknowledgement of "UFOs" would automatically lead directly to people thinking about advanced technologies.

There are some very interesting technologies out there. There is also much invested by the "PTBs" govt et al. That aren't interested in much change. When you consider that "regulated" energy companies are allowed to set pricing at a set percentage over costs there is really no incentive to cut cost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weWmTldrOyo

Last edited by CDusr; 04-13-2012 at 04:44 PM..

Old 04-14-2012, 01:55 AM

Quote:
I don't recall the UFOs. That's a topic in itself. Are you saying there are no UFOs? Or that discussing a UFO discredits you? Not sure of your point.
When someone suggests that that there is UFO's and then uses a Youtube video posted by someone anonymously as proof of UFO's that has been debunked years ago their credibility is completely shot.

As far as the maglev train how is that technology being suppressed? That tech is being used in amusement parks all over the country.

The fundamental flaw in any argument about the suppression of technology is that a patent holder could only suppress it for 20 years and their invention would be known to the world. The question arises of why? If you have a patent on something you have 20 years to deve3lope and sell that technology, if you don't take advantage of it in that 20 years you don't make a dime. You might suggest they don't patent it but without a patent you're opening yourself up to someone else inventing and patenting the same idea and you lose all rights to that idea.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
When someone suggests that that there is UFO's and then uses a Youtube video posted by someone anonymously as proof of UFO's that has been debunked years ago their credibility is completely shot.

As far as the maglev train how is that technology being suppressed? That tech is being used in amusement parks all over the country.

The fundamental flaw in any argument about the suppression of technology is that a patent holder could only suppress it for 20 years and their invention would be known to the world. The question arises of why? If you have a patent on something you have 20 years to deve3lope and sell that technology, if you don't take advantage of it in that 20 years you don't make a dime. You might suggest they don't patent it but without a patent you're opening yourself up to someone else inventing and patenting the same idea and you lose all rights to that idea.
Well I disagree about the credibility thing. The context wasn't about whether that was real UFO footage. You could go on endlessly about any footage, even if professionally evaluated. Plenty wouldn't agree.

As to the mag-lev or other tech. "Suppression" comes in many forms. From buying it to shelf, confiscating it, refusing to fund it because it is perceived to kill or slow your "gravytrain", not even allowing a patent etc... The patent is just a part of the current issue.

If you have an invention for instance, that is patented and would save money for the energy companies they have no incentive to want it in the current model. That is a counter productive model. We do not have a free market. There is a very controlled vested interest all the way around. Energy is THE biggest area.

In fact, I think open source has lots of potential here.The idea is that there are good technologies out there that change the status quo. There are tons of inventors who can testify to what has happened to them. There is plenty of documentation to point to issues.

I think we may be seeing a big change pretty soon though.

Last edited by CDusr; 04-14-2012 at 03:37 PM..

Old 04-14-2012, 04:55 PM

5,090 posts, read 9,828,499 times
UFO's?

mkay.

First thread hi-jack that I have seen leave the planet.

Impressive.

Back on topic.

While is apparent by pricing that most energy sources (Coal, Natural Gas, Solar, on and on) are all fairly surplus -- and again by pricing Oil is fairly scarce and dear -- we still seem to be stuck in an Energy Shortage mindset.

I guess here is what I am asking -- Just what will it take for folks to say -- Ok, Oil sucks. Lets move on?

Old 04-14-2012, 07:00 PM

6,851 posts, read 9,232,990 times
There's that word 'crisis' being used again. Everything seems to be a 'crisis' these days. Let's see what the dictionary has to say about it.
'crisis' n. A crucial point or situation in the course of anything; turning point. b. an unstable condition in political, international or economic affairs in which an abrupt or decisive decision is impending.
Where is there an energy crisis?
Where is there an oil crisis?

Old 04-14-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
UFO's?

mkay.

First thread hi-jack that I have seen leave the planet.

Impressive.

Back on topic.

While is apparent by pricing that most energy sources (Coal, Natural Gas, Solar, on and on) are all fairly surplus -- and again by pricing Oil is fairly scarce and dear -- we still seem to be stuck in an Energy Shortage mindset.

I guess here is what I am asking -- Just what will it take for folks to say -- Ok, Oil sucks. Lets move on?
LOL, seriously the whole article really had nothing to do with UFO's. It was a brief mention in regard to tech.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
If you have an invention for instance, that is patented and would save money for the energy companies they have no incentive to want it in the current model. That is a counter productive model. We do not have a free market. There is a very controlled vested interest all the way around. Energy is THE biggest area.
So if I'm Exxon and patent this idea for car that will get 100MPG instead of exploiting it to make a boat load of money I'm going to sit on it for 20 years? Everyone in the energy world is going to be aware of my patent and them somehow after 20 years when the patent expires this tech is somehow going to be forgotten by everyone else?

If you have an idea that will work patents are conducive to the developmental process. Use it or lose it.

Quote:
In fact, I think open source has lots of potential here
I've been part of an open source project, they generate money. It's different model than your typical business but nonetheless most major open source projects generate revenue. If you want to look at one model look at MySQL. It is required they have a model that generates revenue. If they want to compete against M$ or other heavyweights they are going to need dedicated support and for that someone has to be paid. A large company isn't going to use their software if there isn't any guarantee they can get immediate and reliable support where there is millions on the line.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:53 AM

Quote:
LOL, seriously the whole article really had nothing to do with UFO's. It was a brief mention in regard to tech.
Regardless of whether it was briefly mentioned in the context the author was using it that should raise a giant red flag.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
I think the market will take care of that when it's too expensive which probably isn't too far off. NG to heat homes and power generation facilities, ideally a co generation facility right in the home. Coal to liquid fuel tech also used in co-generation to generate power. Use algae to capture the carbon from the power generation facilities. Both the coal to liquid fuel tech and algae would be ideal replacement for conventional oil because most of the infrastructure is already in place and they are compatible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or