U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 04:56 PM

30,719 posts, read 49,520,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
plwhit...so I watched the video, I think this one below is more factual, and tells it like it really is...............Experts discuss the findings of the Roundup/GM cancer trial | Report elements | The Grocer.
That is an interesting video

Thank you.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:06 AM

26,956 posts, read 19,141,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
plwhit...so I watched the video, I think this one below is more factual, and tells it like it really is...............Experts discuss the findings of the Roundup/GM cancer trial | Report elements | The Grocer.
perhaps those experts could address why the rats fed the highest level of GMOs lived longer than those fed lower levels? and why the rats that were fed roundup in their water were the longest-lived rats in the entire study?

here's an abstract from a study done on incidence of spontaneously-occurring tumours in sprague-dawley rats, the kind used in this experiment. they have a rate of tumor development approaching 100% in females.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:34 PM

4,729 posts, read 8,644,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
So what you are saying is if this group determines it doesn't work they are honest but if it does work they are paid shills of the GM industry....

Gotcha
Not at all... research findings can be altered or suppressed by either side of any issue (by academia or industry or government). Any "research" that indicates something is "100%" one way or the other is suspect... I expect trustworthy research to report all the positives and negatives (and there will always be both) and discuss with due diligence all the potential benefits/risks/conditions, regardless of who that benefits or damages financially or legally. A lot of the time a non-partisan scientist will say "In Case A, Method Y works because Benefit M outweighs Risk Q"... and then the agendized spinners get hold of it and turn it into "Method Y works" or "Method Y has Risk Q" which isn't the entire truth.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 AM

15,924 posts, read 17,441,323 times
Latest information on California's Prop 37.....

Quote:
Proposition 37, the GMO labeling bill that’s on the ballot in California, is polling 2-to-1 in favor of passing, the LA Times is now reporting. 61% of registered voters currently support GMO labeling, and only 25% oppose it.
http://www.infowars.com/gmo-victory-...ares-la-times/

Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 PM

629 posts, read 1,019,780 times
Default Celebrity Yes on 37 Video

Really great Yes On 37 video starring celebrities from TV and Film:

Right to Know: Vote Yes on Prop 37 - YouTube

Old 10-10-2012, 11:46 AM

2,792 posts, read 3,658,745 times
Great news!!

Old 10-10-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz420 View Post
Really great Yes On 37 video starring celebrities from TV and Film:

WTF, over??????

Old 10-11-2012, 08:16 AM

2 posts, read 1,331 times
Being able to see which foods contain genetically engineered ingredients is particularly important when you see how dangerous GE (genetically engineered) crops can be, especially in light of new groundbreaking research into the effects of Monsanto's GMO Bt-Corn and Round Up pesticide which has shown profound toxicity and causes cancer and has a host other damaging health implication.

Research Confirms Shocking Health Risks of GM Corn Fed to Rats Cause Cancer, Tumors and Organ Failure.

Do you think you have the right to know what's in your food? Hundreds of food companies don't think you do have the right to know - including Monsanto and Dow Chemical.

http://www.electronicrev.com/2012/10...op-37-gmo.html

What gets me is that the FDA has allowed these "foods" onto the market which is almost in every single store across the country.

If this doesn't outrage people, it should!

Prop 37 is on the ballot in California with a vote November 6th and will require that all foods and products that are GMOs be labeled so we know what we're buying.

Makes sense to me.

Vote YES on Prop 37! =]

Old 10-11-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8m8 View Post
Research Confirms Shocking Health Risks of GM Corn Fed to Rats Cause Cancer, Tumors and Organ Failure.
As soon as I see the words Research Confirms Shocking I stop reading because the remainder of whatever follows Research Confirms Shocking is pure propaganda no matter what the topic is.....

Old 10-11-2012, 11:57 AM

4,729 posts, read 8,644,666 times
I drilled through the sensationalist article and read the referenced peer-reviewed published scientific study:

ScienceDirect.com - Food and Chemical Toxicology - Long term toxicity of a Roundup herbicide and a Roundup-tolerant genetically modified maize

This is the first study on toxicology of GM corn & RoundUp herbicide (alone and in combination) over the entire lifespan of the animal. The study revealed that the observed negative impacts started occuring between months 4 and 7, which is after the 90-day safety trials were concluded.

Experts discuss the findings of the Roundup/GM cancer trial - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living