Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Actually the bulk of France's reactors are clones of the Westinghouse 3 and 4 loop reactors installed in the US. Many are essentially identical to the South Texas Generating Station. These are are all late second and third generation plants. While much safer than 1st generation reactors, claiming that 35 years (let's a least come close to factual information) of operation demonstrates safety seems absolutely silly given our recent experience at Fukushima, which also had decades of uneventful operation prior to the revelation that their design was fundamentally unsafe. BTW there are about two dozen GE Mark-I reactors in the United States. These have the many of the same design flaws of Fukushima.
Stop doing the MSNBC trick of taking things out of context...

The safety record I specifically stated was France's nuclear reactors, now if you can show me where in France Fukushima is I'll apologize.....

BTW, I was a GMM in the Navy, that doesn't make me an expert in missile technology and more than you are considered an expert because you were babysitting nuclear reactors on a pig boat....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 06:01 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,993,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Stop doing the MSNBC trick of taking things out of context...

The safety record I specifically stated was France's nuclear reactors, now if you can show me where in France Fukushima is I'll apologize.....

BTW, I was a GMM in the Navy, that doesn't make me an expert in missile technology and more than you are considered an expert because you were babysitting nuclear reactors on a pig boat....
There's obviously a world of difference between a missile tech and a chief engineer. I agree you're no expert.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 PM

U.K. will be building two new nuclear reactors.....

BBC News - New nuclear plant, Hinkley Point C, design unveiled

Old 12-12-2012, 09:35 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,546,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Careful. I'm also a nuclear submariner.

Well then, I will let you boys to your own business, then.

DADT, and all.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:07 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
My god man!

Submariners are getting as thick in here as the stuck together pages of a well read magazine.

Dilution is the solution, to pollution.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:48 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,993,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post

Dilution is the solution, to pollution.
Now if we could just find some other planet with an atmosphere we could dilute the pollutants in ours. Venus has too much CO2. That's why it's so hot.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:36 AM

Lets face it guys.....

Mankind needs to move off this mudball called Earth, mankind needs something to look forward to other than the SOS of religious wars, political wars, poverty wars, drug wars, racial wars, environmental wars and of course real wars...

Old 01-15-2013, 12:43 PM

105 posts, read 618,431 times
it's hard to do studies when the research is not being done....very simple if you do not do the studies nothing can be proven which is just what the govt and private business sector wants--- silence

Old 01-15-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy0133 View Post
it's hard to do studies when the research is not being done....very simple if you do not do the studies nothing can be proven which is just what the govt and private business sector wants--- silence
Wow, talk about ignorance..... No studies have been done?

Let Me Google That

Another Green conspiracy..... ~ THEY ~ don't want us to know....

I checked the most popular conspiracy websites but came up with nothing, care to share accredited factual documentation on who ~ THEY ~ are?

There are at least 2.65 million people in the government and roughly 1.3 million more in private business and they all are actively suppressing the dangers of nuclear power plants???? UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by plwhit; 01-15-2013 at 01:06 PM..

Old 01-16-2013, 12:01 PM

105 posts, read 618,431 times
plwhit

Also, I am referring to studies of the danger of living in proximity to a nuclear plant not the safety of the actual building or the work being carried out...

Have you done your research? Ever investigate Chernobyl? Thousands upon thousands died, there was EXTREME deception and knowledge kept in secret from the people for decades.

Wow you really are oblivious to the corruption that lies in this country... Almost every single University has been sold out to corporations and or govt entities so the research being done is for their own agenda...

How about agent orange, DDT, PCB's etc...Flouride! Bisphenyl A

Oh, I have another one rBST OR rBGH look that up and enlighten yourself...fox news reporters investigated it only to be silenced --- they couldn't afford to lose their precious advertising dollars from Monsanto. Enjoy your GMO'S too, lol.

btw I am not part of any green conspiracy I care about the earth, having clean uncontaminated water and air as well as respect for organic farmers. I was born and raised 1 mile from a chemical plant that destroyed my health rendering me disabled... Chemicals kill and destroy they do nothing to promote society or the environment we inhabit. Our DNA was not manufactured! We were not born with the ability to withstand these manufactured toxins! Here is some RESEARCH FOR YOU

Pesticide (endosulfan) levels in the bone marrow of children with hematological malignancies.
Rau AT, Coutinho A, Avabratha KS, Rau AR, Warrier RP.
Source
Department of Pediatrics and #Pathology, MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore, MD, USA. atkrau@gmail.com
Abstract
OBJECTIVES:
(1) To confirm the presence of Pesticide (Endosulfan) residues in the bone marrow (BM) of children with acute hematological malignancies and compare them with controls. (2) To ascertain if children with Endosulfan in their marrow reside in areas sprayed with Endosulfan.
STUDY DESIGN:
Case control study
SETTING:
Pediatric oncology unit of a medical college teaching hospital in Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka.
SUBJECTS:
26 patients with proven hematological malignancy and 26 age matched controls suffering from benign hematological disease.
METHODS:
Endosulfan residues in the BM were estimated by gas chromatography mass spectrometry (Minimum detection limit 10ng/mL). The subjects geographical area of location (residence) was determined to see whether they belong to sprayed area or not. The Chi-square test was applied to see an association between exposure status and hematological malignancy.
RESULTS:
A total of 52 children were enrolled of which 26 were study cases and 26 were controls. Of the study and control groups, 84.7% ;and 73.1%, respectively were from exposed areas. The major (88.4%) illness in the study group was ALL, while ITP (50%) occurred most frequently in the control group. Six out of 26 study cases tested positive for endosulfan in the BM, against 1 out of 26 controls (P = 0.042). The Odds ratio was 7.5. All children who had endosulfan in the bone marrow originated from areas, where endosulfan is still being used. Conclusions: Children with hematological malignancy had raised levels of endosulfan in the bone marrow compared to those without. All the children with raised bone marrow Endosulfan levels were found to be from areas exposed to the pesticide.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21992855

Last edited by legacy0133; 01-16-2013 at 12:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living