U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 12:43 PM

15,602 posts, read 25,024,524 times

Advertisements

I am more concerned with jets that fly all over our country at 30 second intervals all day long crop dusting our communities with jet fuel.

We are breathing this in daily and it is all over everything outside.
We can now thank NextGen for the extremeley low flying airplanes across America.

I watch the planes fly by my office here in Brooklyn NY every 30 seconds, all day long. I go home and I see the planes fly past my home, which was never in the air path as I have been living here for 35 years. I als do not live near an airport.

I find airplanes are intrusive, frightening, and offensive to listen to and see at very low altitudes all day long at a 30 second interval.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 09:18 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,423,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I am more concerned with jets that fly all over our country at 30 second intervals all day long crop dusting our communities with jet fuel.
And you know this how?

Quote:
We are breathing this in daily and it is all over everything outside.
If people were breathing in jet fuel every day where are the health statistics to back up your claim? If it's all over everything outside why isn't all the grass, plants and trees dying?

Quote:
We can now thank NextGen for the extremeley low flying airplanes across America.
What responsibility does the nextgen (whatever that is) have for commercial aircraft? If you want to place blame for the pace of people's lives blame American society for the everything must be accomplished yesterday mentality.....

Quote:
The only time jet airliners fly low to the ground is takeoffs and landings, if jet aircraft are flying extremely low all over America why hasen't there been a massive protest to the FAA?

I watch the planes fly by my office here in Brooklyn NY every 30 seconds, all day long. I go home and I see the planes fly past my home, which was never in the air path as I have been living here for 35 years. I als do not live near an airport.

I find airplanes are intrusive, frightening, and offensive to listen to and see at very low altitudes all day long at a 30 second interval.
NFN, what does jet aircraft have to do with nuclear safety?

If you are so concerned and scared over commercial jet aircraft why haven't you posted anything in the appropriate forums?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/aviation/

http://www.city-data.com/forum/mental-health/

Last edited by plwhit; 02-21-2013 at 09:34 PM..

Old 02-22-2013, 07:38 AM

6,528 posts, read 6,463,148 times
The exhaust from jets is indistinguishably different from auto exhaust. You're breathing tons more of that, and yes it's not good for you.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:26 PM

16 posts, read 20,023 times
"Gov: 6 underground Hanford nuclear tanks leaking

YAKIMA, Wash -- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee says six underground radioactive waste tanks at the nation's most contaminated nuclear site are leaking.
Inslee made the announcement Friday afternoon after meeting with federal officials in Washington, D.C. Last week it was revealed that one of the 177 tanks at south-central Washington's Hanford Nuclear Reservation was leaking liquids. Inslee called the latest news "disturbing.""

Old 02-22-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
The exhaust from jets is indistinguishably different from auto exhaust. You're breathing tons more of that, and yes it's not good for you.
And this has what to do with the OP?

Old 02-22-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric_NYC View Post
"Gov: 6 underground Hanford nuclear tanks leaking

YAKIMA, Wash -- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee says six underground radioactive waste tanks at the nation's most contaminated nuclear site are leaking.
Inslee made the announcement Friday afternoon after meeting with federal officials in Washington, D.C. Last week it was revealed that one of the 177 tanks at south-central Washington's Hanford Nuclear Reservation was leaking liquids. Inslee called the latest news "disturbing.""
Two things:

1. You conveniently forgot to bold one of the

2. Please always post the URL you copied/pasted from... (plagiarism)

BTW, this is just regurgitated information from an earlier media report which I posted in #259...... (almost word for word)

Last edited by plwhit; 02-22-2013 at 04:42 PM..

Old 02-22-2013, 07:40 PM

10,101 posts, read 6,324,391 times
"Am I the only person concerned about Nuclear Power Plants in this country?"

No, you are not. It totally freaks me out. I'm not concerned about everyday living and cancer. HOWEVER, I'm very concerned with natural or man made disasters. Earthquakes, floods, fire, power grid meltdown, war, heck even a meteor strike (okay, I know that one sounds a little crazy). Thing is, we have no way of knowing what the future holds, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 PM

10,425 posts, read 8,786,596 times
New concerns about Hanford nuclear waste plant - seattlepi.com Hey, not too worry, the Gument only tells the truth...besides they say a little radiation in your fish/drinking water boosts the immune system.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
New concerns about Hanford nuclear waste plant - seattlepi.com Hey, not too worry, the Gument only tells the truth...besides they say a little radiation in your fish/drinking water boosts the immune system.
New concerns that are over a year old, nice.....

New concerns about Hanford nuclear waste plant

By SHANNON DININNY, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published 7:29 pm, Sunday, December 11, 2011

Old 02-22-2013, 11:49 PM

Sources of Radiation

Quote:
The risks of damage to our bodies due to radiation exposure certainly give us good reason to be very wary of unnecessary exposure to nuclear radiation. However, it is important for us to keep things in perspective. We are constantly bombarded by nuclear radiation. The stars in our galaxy (as well as all other shining stars, and including our own sun) shine by virtue of nuclear reactions primarily in their cores. Particles created in these nuclear reactions can escape the stars’ surfaces and travel through space, some of which can eventually hit the earth’s surface (and us!). In addition, supernova explosions which occur during the death-stages of massive stars result in the emission of many high-energy particles.

The net result of all of this is that we are constantly bombarded by particles (mostly protons, electrons, and gamma rays, but also various other nuclei) from outer space. These particles are referred to as cosmic rays. In addition, these cosmic rays can interact with molecules in the earth’s upper atmosphere to create even more particles (known as secondary cosmic rays) which shower down on us here at the earth’s surface.

In addition to receiving radiation from above us, we are also constantly bombarded by radiation from beneath our feet. Naturally occurring radioactive elements in rocks in the earth’s crust are constantly emitting radiation in all directions, including upwards towards us.
Sources of Radiation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living