U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 12:48 AM

8,398 posts, read 9,895,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
But yet you green lifers are adement that it's harmful to humans without any long term studies...

It sure does, along with all the things that have been proven wrong that green lifers say are bad for humans....(but lets not get into that) bobbing heads are never wrong.....

And of course your common sense is the only sense that matters, your other name is god perchance?

If you'd use common sense then:

You think it's bad for your health? Simple ----------> DON'T EAT IT <-----------

[/color]

By all means, you want to hijack the thread and talk about DDT, lets go at it..... You know the way you bobbing heads always rant on about the millions made because of <XYZ> you sound like nothing more than people jealous of other people making money. Were you part of the OWS kiddie demonstrations too?

False reporting and the fight against malaria - Times LIVE

100 Things You Should Know About DDT | JunkScience.com

Greens lie, Africans die

In your world when someone invents something new is it always perfect the first time around because it sure doesn't work that way in this world....

Well, for the 99.9% of people on this planet they'd rather get the benefits of technology now rather than wait 6 or 7 generations of testing to make sure not even .000000000000001% of Earths population is harmed....

You think it's bad for your health? Simple ----------> DON'T EAT IT <-----------

Well good for you that you're careful what you eat and put on your skin, you want a medal or something? Someone, somewhere on this planet will have a reaction to any chemical, any food or even the air we breathe.....

I remember not to long ago in this forum some of you bobbing heads were absolutely sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that fabric softener was a danger to the human race....

I don't eat it, and that is ok. Despite your opposition to my not eating it. I have plenty of company. I don't need a medal, I have my health. I'm good with that. We've exhausted real conversation in my opinion. I'm sure someone else will jump in if you want to continue. I think I've proven my points as you have proven yours. And we end with, to each his own which is what I started with so I'm pretty good with that.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 02:07 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,427,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I don't eat it, and that is ok. Despite your opposition to my not eating it. I have plenty of company. I don't need a medal, I have my health. I'm good with that. We've exhausted real conversation in my opinion. I'm sure someone else will jump in if you want to continue. I think I've proven my points as you have proven yours. And we end with, to each his own which is what I started with so I'm pretty good with that.

Agree....

Old 01-17-2013, 11:59 AM

4,907 posts, read 6,122,449 times
I am not going to read past page one right now because I don't have the time but, I will come back and read the rest as I am interested.

I do believe that the chemicals in the polluted air, the polluted ground that we grow food in and the sprays and dust on the food we eat, in the water we drink, is causing a lot of the phenomenon we are seeing in children these days, such as autism. Don't tell me that autism has always been around we are seeing more evidence of it because of news being so available these days.....I don't buy it. Back in the 1950's, I knew Downs syndrome children but, I do not recall ever being around children that fit the autism symptoms.....

I think more cancers and auto immune diseases....I truly believe we are bringing some of these things on ourselves because of the aforementioned causes.

All my own opinion, of course. LOL. Good thread.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:27 PM

568 posts, read 824,920 times
Ah plwhit

Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 PM

23,440 posts, read 28,297,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I am not going to read past page one right now because I don't have the time but, I will come back and read the rest as I am interested.

I do believe that the chemicals in the polluted air, the polluted ground that we grow food in and the sprays and dust on the food we eat, in the water we drink, is causing a lot of the phenomenon we are seeing in children these days, such as autism. Don't tell me that autism has always been around we are seeing more evidence of it because of news being so available these days.....I don't buy it. Back in the 1950's, I knew Downs syndrome children but, I do not recall ever being around children that fit the autism symptoms.....

I think more cancers and auto immune diseases....I truly believe we are bringing some of these things on ourselves because of the aforementioned causes.

All my own opinion, of course. LOL. Good thread.
My husband's best childhood friend has Asperger's. DH was born in 1944.

Autism was there. It just had a different name, mostly "mental retardation," sometimes "childhood schizophrenia". Kids with milder forms were just "shy." Some were just "strange." Some were not in school, some were even institutionalized. If a neighbor had a child in an institution you might never have even known that child existed. Remember the movie Rain Man? But they were there. In addition, only recently has any treatment been available. Why label a child if there is nothing you can do for him? Now, the diagnosis may make help, including accommodations in school, available.

And some cancers are actually decreasing, not increasing, autoimmune diseases are more easily diagnosed because technology has brought us tests for them, and average life expectancy continues to increase.

Reducing pollution is an admirable goal, but I do not think it is correct to blame everything from autism to autoimmune diseases on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living