Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2013, 10:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,952 times

Advertisements

Any ideas of what could be done with recycled e-waste? Anything that could help us to promote the recycling of these materials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 11:29 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,118,933 times
Let me Bing that for you!

A search of this forum yields numerous ideas:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=6580413

Old 01-14-2014, 05:08 AM

3 posts, read 2,735 times
Offer people cash in exchange of eWaste, so that it can be recycled, anyways they are already willing to throw their electronics in garbage, so it is a good idea to entice them to sell their eWaste. Besides that, don't just rely on your local recycling company, search online and find the best eWaste recyclers who recycles electronics as per the standard method, even you find it overseas. With the help of different means of transportation nothing is difficult.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:58 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,464,325 times
There's gold, silver, and platinum in that eWaste...

I generally just let the county get it. They recycle eWaste and have a spot for it at the dump. I figure it they can make some money off of taking a lot of it in then it should help to keep my garbage fees flat.

I do recycle my own aluminum, brass, and copper when I work on projects though. That is much easier to store a bunch of until the trip to the metal recycler happens.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:16 AM

130 posts, read 146,308 times
If you do not NEED a bit of equipment, donate it as soon as possible to make certain that somebody else can make use of it. Donations are great way to get tax deductions as well — and very often, that tax deductible amount will be very close to the value of the item if you tried to sell it. If something you have got is certainly not even worth donating, then try giving your stuff away 100% free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living