Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 10:43 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I heard that the world has actually been getting cooler since 1970, and that volcanoes produce more CO2 than human activity.

Just to confirm, the above post was meant as sarcasm. I received several reps; not sure if it was clear that I was being sarcastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 12:09 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
In Vegas, when I was a kid, a really hot day was 105. Now, we regularly see weeks where it is 113 and up.

When I was in Alaska, I watched a glacier calve into the bay and the park ranger said it used to happen annually, but happens daily now. This was three years ago.

California is experiencing its 5th year of "drought". I don't think it is a drought. I think it is the new normal.

All politics aside, something is changing, and it is happening rapidly.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:45 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCSpelch View Post
If the globe is still warming, then why are some locations not warming while others have experienced cooling?
The correct term is NOT global warming but rather global climate change. Therefore what you describe, changes in local climate on a global scale is in fact global climate change.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:24 PM

1,050 posts, read 505,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
The scientists that are on board with the global warming scam are all getting subsidized
10 years ago GMA ran a story on global warming and predicted that coastal cities would be under water by 2016.
A total scam to let government control and tax all energy.
You mean government doesn't already tax all energy?

Old 08-26-2016, 11:51 PM

712 posts, read 2,145,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCSpelch View Post
If the globe is still warming, then why are some locations not warming while others have experienced cooling?
Are you asking us to explain how dumping thousands and thousands of Pounds per Square Inch of carbon monoxide into the air is not effecting some areas.. while others are fine?

No one really has a clue what's going on.. but the fact remains the industrial revolution has a effect on the planet.. and one can observe it just as consecutively we keep having the hottest summer ever year after year..

Scientist are bad at measurements.. for example they thought they had it all figured out with sea level and recently they figured this out..

So their measurements about the planet warming and the ice melting are accurate.. but ahh they really know @#%# nothing about the planet in a long term sense so global warming is real... it's supposed to stop about 2050'ish or so.. no big deal some coasts will flood.. some cities will disappear.. not the 1st time.. it's been happening for thousands of years.. this will just be semi-accelerated that's about all I know.. (and it was us who accelerated it.. and it was the price of the industrial revolution.. no big deal! the planet can handle it, we will survive) which is more then MOST know.

Old 08-27-2016, 06:22 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,989,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
The scientists that are on board with the global warming scam are all getting subsidized
10 years ago GMA ran a story on global warming and predicted that coastal cities would be under water by 2016.
A total scam to let government control and tax all energy.
That's like all the scientists.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:08 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,667,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
That's like all the scientists.
It's not global warming, it's global conspiracy! Down the the scientists!

Old 08-27-2016, 09:36 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,989,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
It's not global warming, it's global conspiracy! Down the the scientists!
You just can't trust scientists. Trust alt-right.

Old 08-27-2016, 06:35 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,482,755 times
Quote:
I heard that the world has actually been getting cooler since 1970, and that volcanoes produce more CO2 than human activity.

ughh NO. That contradicts 99% of everything I've read. Please provide your evidence. Any actual researchers of merit have come to this conclusion or somebody you heard on Rush?

Old 08-27-2016, 06:37 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,482,755 times
Quote:
Just to confirm, the above post was meant as sarcasm. I received several reps; not sure if it was clear that I was being sarcastic.
Glad to hear that was sarcasm because it sure isn't REALITY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living