U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2017, 02:55 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,212,992 times

Advertisements

hi, everyone,

I am doing a research project for a French university regarding an energy saving product adoption and was wondering if people here can help me complete a survey questionnaire.

It should take no more than 6-8 minutes and it is completely anonomous. It is purely research in nature and not for any commercial purposes. Here is the link to the questionnaire:

Online Survey Software | Qualtrics Survey Solutions

Really appreciate if you can spare some time and help me out.

Mod, if it is against forum policy, feel free to delete and I apologize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 03:13 PM

3,885 posts, read 2,525,706 times
The first line of your "energy research" web survey says this:

We are running a study on consumer attitudes towards advertisements

That does not sound like it what you said it was. I bailed out.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:42 PM

7,111 posts, read 6,518,110 times
Quote:

...... regarding an energy saving product .....
Link wouldn't open for me (my browser is not supported) but I'm curious to know - what is the energy saving product?

Old 02-13-2017, 09:34 AM

4,740 posts, read 8,776,266 times
Took the survey.

The website says 'Grenoble Institute of Management', which may or (likely) may not be the 'Grenoble Ecole de Management'. The energy saving product is a smart thermostat.

The survey asked a few questions about your opinions on smart thermostats, then asked questions about your environmental opinions. The survey did not provide space for comments. Overall, I thought it was too green living'ish and too pro climate change'ish. A couple of specific things that I did not like: the graphic showing evolutionary triumph of the green ubermensch over oil; and the statement that 10% of the proceeds from the sale go to the World Wildlife Fund (I like to make my own charitable contributions and would prefer a lower price).

Old 02-13-2017, 11:26 AM

30,642 posts, read 49,305,880 times
I took the survey.

I am an organic farmer. Our home is on solar-power and we heat with wood.

I breed and raise pigs, which are fed 'waste-food' that we gather from our school district cafeterias, a grocery store and a vending machine company. My wife and I currently spend around 26-hours / week in running around to gather waste-food, sorting out which items are still human-consumable verses livestock feed. Plus runs to deliver the uncompromised food to food pantries. We are very much actively involved with food gleaning. We know about how much food our culture throws away. We average gleaning around 3,000 pounds of waste-food every week.

I have no need for a programmed thermostat [I heat with wood]. We will be shifting our home to Solar-Thermal heat soon.

Your device and it's marketing presents a mixed metaphor. I am not sure how you can honestly say that you are trying to help people to consume less fossil fuels by marketing a device that consumes fossil fuels.

Old 02-27-2017, 04:46 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,212,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
The first line of your "energy research" web survey says this:

We are running a study on consumer attitudes towards advertisements

That does not sound like it what you said it was. I bailed out.
It is a pure academic study. Like someone mentioned, it is meant to study what drives consumers to choose energy efficient products (in this case a smart thermostat) that help people to save energy consumption.

Nobody makes any money out of this. It is not designed as an advertisement because you don't even see the brand.

Thanks those who support us. I got almost 40 responses, which is a bit surprising. Was just trying my luck here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living