U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 11:16 PM

9,362 posts, read 22,773,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
None of the barrels were visible from the street, the inspector took pictures over the fence to locate them. The county will not allow a hedge over 4 feet, but i have a large cluster of banana trees that hide everything. Team Metro also likes to use cameras on a pole to see what's in your backyard, or zoom in to see what it inside your home. The front yard at my parent's home is always very clean, the best on the street,
How would they even be there and know to look over the fence? This doesn't make sense. Can you show us pictures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 11:42 PM

3,460 posts, read 4,940,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
Does Team Metro raise its' money some other way?
Quote:
They fined my parents 250.00 for having compost barrells and storing rainwater.
The $250 went someplace Riveree......probably straight into their general fund.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:03 PM

9,324 posts, read 23,766,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
How would they even be there and know to look over the fence? This doesn't make sense. Can you show us pictures?
I have their "pictures" but they are very unclear. The inspector jumped the fence of the front yard and took pics of the trash can holding area. The composter was right behind that fence.

Old 05-10-2008, 01:40 AM

8,204 posts, read 32,176,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
The $250 went someplace Riveree......probably straight into their general fund.
Yeah, that gets added to their coffers, I'm sure .

Old 05-10-2008, 06:04 AM

9,846 posts, read 20,106,915 times
Quote:
I have their "pictures" but they are very unclear. The inspector jumped the fence of the front yard and took pics of the trash can holding area. The composter was right behind that fence.

OMG!!!!

How on earth could they find the composter for all of that other ****?

Old 05-10-2008, 07:27 AM

Quote:
The complaint just says "junk and trash". It referred to everything, my car (which I drive and visit my parents with) The compost barrells, the water storage barrells, the photo-bioreactor for growing algae, anything they see fit. No need to point out that my parent's home is the best-kept on the block and has a drip-irrigation system that keeps the lawn and plants green year round. After Team Metro harassed my parents I moved the photo-bioreactor and rain/compost barrells to my home and started using well water to irrigate their garden. Out of spite I increased the water use 800 percent. I hate Miami-Dade county so much that instead of saving litter, I just throw it on the road now. Miami-Dade county does not want to be green, it wants everyone's green!
Quote:

If your parent's property is the best-kept on the block and other neighbors are not being fined, that's not right.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:39 PM

5,090 posts, read 9,834,071 times
dunno, tallrick. Talking as some White Trash, myself . . . . looks like you all sort of needed your butts busted.

Not that I am talking down to you at all . . . I consider us both as friendlies of close to the same mindset on a lot of things. Just trying to speak the truth between friends.

You may have followed that I live in an area zoned Industrial Research (most anything goes) but we have been busted on when things get too out of hand -- and I had to admit rightly so. City came in busting on us with a Code Compliance car that had so many different type inspectors piling out the doors it looked like a clown car at the circus.

Wrote us for two pages (single spaced) of violations. Clean it up in 30 days or $10000 in basic fines, with more piling on daily, there after. OK, sometimes it takes a smack upside my head to get my mind right.

That was about 10 years ago. Things started piling up too high again this last year. So we hauled out 25 full (FULL) truckloads of junk to the scrap yard. Made the scrap man Mighty Happy. But we did the clean out ourselves before the city had to tell us to.

Looking at your pile, it is just not a residential suitable "fit in environment" thing you all have going on. If you are going to be playing that in South Florida -- head out to the Glades where you belong.

There are places for folks like us . . . but it is not in a conventional neighborhood. Don't fight it and go where you fit.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post

..... City came in busting on us with a Code Compliance car that had so many different type inspectors piling out the doors it looked like a clown car at the circus.
The visual here is just too funny! You crack me up!

Old 05-11-2008, 08:00 PM

11,961 posts, read 12,820,387 times
Privacy slat inserts in that chain link would de claw part of the problem. Vinyl tubing inserted vertically. Dirt cheap solution for privacy, and the neighbors can be comforted by the vinyl uniformity matching their homes.

Reminds me of an elderly friend of mine getting too many tickets on his door over aesthetics from yuppy complaints in jersey. He planted pot seeds along the walkways for the municipal bldgs involved with the complaints.

Pretty clever for a retired lutheran minister. I guess he listened to one too many arlo guthrie songs and felt some wild call of civil disobedience.

I still laugh about the egg they had on their face at police/town code HQ walking past a field of MJ in their own front yard. heheheheee

Old 05-13-2008, 07:50 AM

9,324 posts, read 23,766,119 times
This is typical tactics by code enforcement. If you notice they only use black and white photos with poor resolution. Take a close look there, you see trash cans, a wheelbarrow full of dirt, an edger and the lawnmower. It was lawn mowing day! What the idiots didn't understand is that those things are not even permanent as my car was parked behind there under the car cover. The really funny part is how much trash I found behind Team Metro's office, including old tires holding mosquitoes! If I ever catch one of their employees trespassing on my parents property that person is going in the trash bin instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or