U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-15-2015, 05:59 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,799,698 times
Reputation: 17982

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Dude is in a video with Kanye and now he thinks he's somebody.
Don't you wish you had that nobody, who used to be somebodies money....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-15-2015, 11:08 PM
 
Location: Jewel Lake (Sagle) Idaho
27,194 posts, read 17,514,782 times
Reputation: 15393
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax1997 View Post
I love it. This is hilarious, and is so typical of many ( not all ) left extremists who are crying the sky is falling.

My in-law - ultra "green" and always talking about carbon footprint, owns a large luxury car and a mini-van both with leather seats (cloth were too cheap looking). She has a 36 x 20 indoor heated pool and just added 1000 sq ft to her house. Yet she complains about how people waste energy and resources.

I can deal with people that promote others be carefull about their footprints as long as they practice what they preach.
Your in-laws last name wouldn't be Gore by any chance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2015, 04:20 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
15,254 posts, read 12,499,091 times
Reputation: 22075
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax1997 View Post
I love it. This is hilarious, and is so typical of many ( not all ) left extremists who are crying the sky is falling.

My in-law - ultra "green" and always talking about carbon footprint, owns a large luxury car and a mini-van both with leather seats (cloth were too cheap looking). She has a 36 x 20 indoor heated pool and just added 1000 sq ft to her house. Yet she complains about how people waste energy and resources.

I can deal with people that promote others be carefull about their footprints as long as they practice what they preach.
Maybe she has a guilt thing and this is her way of covering her carbon tootsie prints shadow ...maybe the lady uses this idea...

BY MSNBC.COM STAFF
LONDON -- Dead bodies will be burned to heat a swimming pool in the U.K. -- and the British government is considering adopting the idea across the country.

Senior lawmaker Sir George Young, the leader of the House of Commons, told The Telegraph newspaper that he would "die a happier man" if he could arrange for his cremation to provide heat for swimmers. http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...-swimming-pool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2015, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Howard County, Maryland
5,613 posts, read 3,607,058 times
Reputation: 16421
Someone gives the guy a free car, and he can't just say "thank you" and leave it at that? Geez . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2015, 11:15 AM
 
12,879 posts, read 15,357,571 times
Reputation: 14824
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
The Lexus LS600H, which costs £84,000, was a gift from Lexus to the 65-year-old former Beatle, who helped promote the hybrid vehicle.

But instead of arriving by boat as expected, the car was flown to Britain on a Korean Air flight, creating a carbon footprint almost 100 times bigger than if it had come by sea.

Paul McCartney 'horrified' as his eco car is flown 7,000 miles from Japan - Telegraph
Oh yeh, he's horrified alright.....after the fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2015, 11:55 AM
 
16,992 posts, read 20,598,336 times
Reputation: 33956
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
The Lexus LS600H, which costs £84,000, was a gift from Lexus to the 65-year-old former Beatle, who helped promote the hybrid vehicle.

But instead of arriving by boat as expected, the car was flown to Britain on a Korean Air flight, creating a carbon footprint almost 100 times bigger than if it had come by sea.

Paul McCartney 'horrified' as his eco car is flown 7,000 miles from Japan - Telegraph
65??????? Try 73. If he was 65, he would have been 14 while performing on The Ed Sullivan Show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2015, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Arizona
5,904 posts, read 5,255,297 times
Reputation: 17811
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
65??????? Try 73. If he was 65, he would have been 14 while performing on The Ed Sullivan Show.
The OP was 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2015, 07:32 AM
 
12,879 posts, read 15,357,571 times
Reputation: 14824
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
The OP was 2008.
sooooo???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2015, 02:13 PM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
24,750 posts, read 23,712,888 times
Reputation: 30464
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
sooooo???
That would mean he's older now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:11 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top