U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 07:19 AM

311 posts, read 868,420 times

Advertisements

FB, I cannot believe how much you two have gotten done. I am so tired just reading your post. The house is looking great! When you get a chance can you try to give us pictures all around the house. I would love to see every angle. Keep up the great work and can't wait til the next post.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:59 AM

107 posts, read 254,928 times
FB,
Wow! You guys have really turned up the speed dial on the work-0-meter. Things are looking soooo nice at you new home. I hope that the dismanteling (of the other house) goes smoothly for you and that everyone stays safe.

On a sad note, we have been in N. California this last week because DW's father was ill. He passed on Saturday and we are staying over for the services. Sad times for the family.

I'm glad that you received your housewarming gift and thank you for posting a pic. That will make DW smile

Hammer

Old 05-03-2009, 07:36 PM

182 posts, read 700,285 times
f/b and Chris .. lo ve t he latest pix .. as i was looking at the link for the video of the pogo stick . i saw your album .and peeked .. . i LOVED that little wooden 'car ' ? (for lack of a better word) that you and Chris were riding into the field of grass . .. looked like a lot of fun . .i'm assuming he made that vehicle . .. what a great imagination he must have .. i loved it . .
stole your pic of all the skillets on the red brick wall .. for my desktop pic .. . j ust loved it .. reminded me of 55 yrs ago v isiting my mother's 'country' family in Pa. outhouses, and no electric in their homes either and they never seemed t o miss it . .
can't wait to see the next set of pix . .keep them coming . .the floor btw, looks GREAT !!! JUST LOVED IT . .

T AKE CAR E .. . BRIGHT BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL . .AND BTW .. PERRIN IS A LITTLE DOLL .WHAT A VALUABLE LESSON YOU ARE TEACHING HIM . . . I HOPE HIS MOM APPRECIATES IT . .

Old 05-05-2009, 02:49 AM

6,662 posts, read 23,676,404 times
I sat and read all the posts to this beautiful thread, have to go back and read the other thread now. My wife and I both want to move off the grid when I retire in two years.
I seen a nice wood burning water heater a few years ago, have to see if I can find a pic or a link to it. It did not look too complicated to build one.
You have a pretty nice little farm house there.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:52 AM

6,662 posts, read 23,676,404 times
Wow, the first thread kept me pinned to the laptop for awhile.
It looks as thou the trauma of it has made you a stronger person.

My parents "offered" me a deal, I could build a home on their ranch. I drove up one day and asked him which part of the ranch is mine and when could we get this down in writing. He hemmed and hawed said the land would have to stay in his name. He has a history of, well being a thief. If I built a home there he would have some disagreement a few weeks later which would definitely involve firearms and the police. I would end up walking away from a home not in my name. Even when they pass away we will just sell the place, I have no desire to live there.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:34 PM

32 posts, read 168,118 times
ferretkona
That is so sad to hear. I know I came from a dysfunctional family but I would not think they could have ever done anything like you think yours might would.

That being said the fact is that regardless who is involved, family, friend or stranger it is always best to get terms and legal matters down and recorded.

Peace

BillR

Old 05-06-2009, 01:28 PM

300 posts, read 1,314,680 times
Guys I only have a quick update. The rains have really been a hinderance to us and ew are stressing about getting everything done by the 20th. I am trying to get all of my stuff done here at work for the month so I can take a few days off and help Chris.

Everything is moved but the chickens and a few things like lawn furniture. Despite the rain, Chris managed to get all of the tin down from the roof and porch yesterday evening. We hauled another load to the barn at the farm. Poor Perrin got itno fire ants TWICE and got stung several times. He was pitiful. Things at the farm are fine and I have pics I will try to post tomorrow. Right now, every free minute we have we are trying to get things taken care of before the 20th.

Thanks for the replies....and now....pray that we are physically able to meet our deadline!

I will post again with pics in the next day or so.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:30 AM

41,125 posts, read 45,775,477 times
I think we could live without grid comnnected power electricity but I would still want enough juice to run the computers and communications equipment. Most likely I would but a "new-old tech" Lister CS Diesel and operate my own small scale cogen power plant. Unlike some, I like to fuss with machinery.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:58 AM

14,866 posts, read 15,708,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Breath View Post
Guys I only have a quick update. The rains have really been a hinderance to us and ew are stressing about getting everything done by the 20th. I am trying to get all of my stuff done here at work for the month so I can take a few days off and help Chris.

Everything is moved but the chickens and a few things like lawn furniture. Despite the rain, Chris managed to get all of the tin down from the roof and porch yesterday evening. We hauled another load to the barn at the farm. Poor Perrin got itno fire ants TWICE and got stung several times. He was pitiful. Things at the farm are fine and I have pics I will try to post tomorrow. Right now, every free minute we have we are trying to get things taken care of before the 20th.

Thanks for the replies....and now....pray that we are physically able to meet our deadline!

I will post again with pics in the next day or so.

Dear FB&C...i'm Praying for you to hav time to move all yer stuff on time to the farm........................

Please try not to stress or strain yerselves too much..........................................u don't want to injure yourselves.....................

I Hope you are feelin' better Brother Perrin. I remember those ants when i was a youngster living in Fort Jackson, SC... .......................

Happy Mothers Day to ALL the Mothers.......Have a Most Beautiful Day......................................... ....................

Old 05-11-2009, 09:56 PM

182 posts, read 700,285 times
Omg .. Fireants .. Horrible disgusting things . .. Can't imagine what u seful purpose they serve . . Ugh
hope perrin i s feeling better by now . . Tho sometimes it can take quite a while . .i lived in fla for 13 yrs and had a f ew run ins with them .

Praying also , along with e veryone else on here , t hat you make your deadline . .but i'm really not worried .. The way you and chris hussle . . I have no doubt you'll get all y our s tuff out . .
Take care and try not to overdo . . . Bright blessings !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living