U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 11:45 AM

25 posts, read 60,076 times
Guys, I read this before the cuts. I think the cuts were to protect her grandkids. From what I can remember the only cuts were sentences that might draw attention to what they were doing and what the pictures were. Things which predators would notice. I'm not going to be more specific because I don't want to draw that type of person to this forum. FB will probably post soon. She manages to do so at least once every two weeks. Although I love her posts enough to want to see them more frequently.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:05 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,736,503 times
Marmac your point is sorta valid about Hazel but even so theres not that much really posted about her in this thread ,,you seem to be the only one really upset with the dislike of her... I think folks who speak out about the old lady and her evilness are really more mad at what is happening to thier friend FB.....I did finally figure out why Hazel turned on FB and Chris..... go back to the first thread where FB makes a deal with the old man Jimmy who died .. that was sad .. but read where Jimmy got involved with Rev Bob who soon as Jimmy was buried moved in on Hazel .. and then relize that he was pushing Hazel to do the stuff she did .. in the name of religion .. FB lives a non-traditional belief something that the good rev wasnt accepting of so it was part of the story of FB and her struggles to live a green lifestyle w/o elec so truely if that part were cut as off topic the thread wouldnt make sense
I havent said much here about how much *I* personally enjoyed the posts .. between FB and YoungLisa7 I have spent some very enjoyable afternoons reading that thread or this one but wow we have all learned alot about the lifestyle of living w/o electricity ! FB has told us an amazeing story about life and all its ups and downs ..

Old 07-19-2009, 08:31 PM

12,510 posts, read 17,972,424 times
Folks -

I am going to ask that you all take a moment to read the site rules (TOS). Please keep in mind that discussing Moderation is prohibited.

Vec101 is the Moderator for this forum. I am locking this thread at this time as the preceding posts are off topic of Green Living and Living without Electricity. Vec will reopen it after he has had a chance to review.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:46 AM

3,105 posts, read 4,687,748 times
Notice:
This forum is not a chat room.
Off topic chatter is not permissible in the forum.
Off-topic chatter within a post dealing with the subject at hand is not permissible in the forum.
Blogs are available on City-Data.
When an off-topic post is submitted, rather than editing, the entire post will be deleted.

Repeated off topic chatter or discussion of Moderator editing will cause the thread to be permanently closed.

Discussion of Moderator editing and berating Moderator are not permissible in the thread.
Inciting discussion and berating of Moderator are not permissible.

Violators will be given an infraction.
Repeated infractions may lead to loss of posting priviledges on City-Data.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:05 AM

7 posts, read 15,358 times
FB, I've been enjoying your posts! Hope to see you move over to a blog, keep us updated with your interesting life.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:32 PM

82 posts, read 318,038 times
FB - I love your story. I apologize for any problem my posting may have caused on your thread. Thanks for allowing us to live a "green-type" - off-grid lifestyle through you! I appreciate your efforts to explain exactly how you do things. Have a great week!

Old 07-20-2009, 02:33 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,736,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Sweet Pea View Post
FB - I love your story. I apologize for any problem my posting may have caused on your thread. Thanks for allowing us to live a "green-type" - off-grid lifestyle through you! I appreciate your efforts to explain exactly how you do things. Have a great week!
same for me as well...

Old 07-20-2009, 11:01 PM

4,080 posts, read 2,875,650 times
is this thread closed ? I must be stupid as I dont understand what happened. I am anxiously awaiting the next post from FB as I have followed this thread faithfully and so admire what they are doing. <s>

Old 07-21-2009, 05:29 AM

3,105 posts, read 4,687,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
is this thread closed ? I must be stupid as I dont understand what happened. I am anxiously awaiting the next post from FB as I have followed this thread faithfully and so admire what they are doing. <s>
The thread is reopened.
When a thread is closed, it does not allow additional posts to be made.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:41 PM

106 posts, read 202,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkinTN View Post
Off topic.
I would send a DM to FB and see if she will give you the link to her blog. You can view the story exactly as she wrote it, with no cuts.

Last edited by vec101; 07-30-2009 at 06:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living