Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 04:47 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
Wow!!! What kind of snake is that? I want to live in TN some day - I should know these things!
That's a black king snake. Non-venomous and completely harmless (unless you're a rattlesnake).

Old 06-16-2009, 02:55 AM
Rys

6 posts, read 15,264 times
FB-Glad to hear you're able to take a little time just for you! (I wish I could learn to play an instrument.)
I second what an earlier poster said-don't let Hazel wear you down and by all means if you have to take her to court be sure to include all the costs & the lawyer fees. I know from personal experience that they add up.
I so enjoy your posts. I can't wait until my family and I are able to have our own little place in the country.
Rys

Old 06-16-2009, 06:41 AM

315 posts, read 1,006,067 times
FB, Glad to hear things are moving along. Besides you know who still putting a knife in your side its sounds like you are getting settled in nicely. Glad to hear that all is well with you and Chris. Looking forward to your next post.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:24 PM

283 posts, read 899,809 times
I believe you can borrow a boar for his services or take your girl to visit with one. Or, maybe get some boar stuff in a vial like you can with bulls? Or, just buy a girl that is already bred.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:26 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Piglets - squeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Old 06-18-2009, 12:22 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
FB nice people don't spend their time scheming. They mean no harm, mean to have a peaceful productive life, and wind up running into people with destructive mean streaks so huge it's beyond their comprehension to relate. I understand where you're coming from but that doesn't mean we can afford to ignore how to identify & deal with them. Should one of your clients turn violent, their lives change swiftly for very good reasons. When caregivers don't take care of themselves, they can't help anyone.

Like the jerk in a tree thinking he could do as he pleased hunting deer in your yard, sometimes you've got to make consequences known to people. Hazel has got you carrying around her mistakes by you allowing her to cling onto you indefinitely. Do you really want to give her permission to undermine your new life? You truly need to ask yourself why it is you can identify a polecat in the dark, have the sense to reach for a shotgun never doubting yourself, but when it comes to hazel you still don't want to believe she's a polecat.

Sit by your creek and think about it.
1. The judgment is done, and the law needs enforcement now. Get the bricks, attend court one last time to show the terms were satisfied, but don't leave empty handed. If she doesn't pay on the spot, get pushy with the judge about it. Putting a lien on her property for the debt, her nephew will be very motivated to get her to pay for it. Hazel won't appreciate her glass house being part owned by yourself, and that turnabout is fair play. That's most effective if there aren't other liens/mortgages in effect. She'll feel it more if it comes out of her bank account/ pension/SS check directly. She needs to feel it Cyndi. Do not spare her justice.
2. Another poster perfectly described Hazel types a while back. Would this be your daughter getting suckered in you'd step up, but when it's your own self?? Think about what fathers teach their daughters and why you crave father figures. A lesson is here for you when you're willing to see. Allowing your sugar to run out of control will result in a stroke. This hurts you, your family, and cuts your dreams short. Hazel is pleased as a pig in poop. Think about what you're doing to yourself at her behest.

3. That old farm is a fortuitous loss. You were spared a lifetime of insecurity. People who take pleasure in the suffering of others aren't capable of being anything real in your life. What is there to regret? If this were a flight you missed that crashed, would you regret missing the plane? Turn off the lights and look from inside. The moon is wanning and time to rid yourself of nuisance is now. Maybe Jimmy's spirit can help you figure how to keep water supply from freezing in winter.
Blessings,
Kelley

PS Question about your leather britches-- do you have trouble keeping bugs away while they're drying? Keeping them in mason jars do they last longer than a year? That looks much easier than wet canning, and my pole beans are humming along at 3 ft so far. It's my first garden.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post

If this were a flight you missed that crashed, would you regret missing the plane?
So simple, yet so profound.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:45 PM

32 posts, read 66,972 times
wow.. I've spent the entire day reading the last thread and this one. I've gotten nothing done and only stopped to eat once. Blame it on HarborLady, she sent me the link.LOL Hi, ya'll.. I'm Laura and originally from Wilkes County North Carolina.. the moonshine capitol.. lol

I've read this whole thing today and dreamed all day of coming back to my beloved mountains. I am so very proud to know Cyndi and Chris (even if it isn't in person) I was raised by my grand parents and parceled out to relatives during the summer that included my great aunts and my great granny.. none of them ever had running water or a bathroom in the house. Those were the greatest ladies I ever knew in my life.. tough, strong and capable women. While this life isn't for everyone, I know in my heart that one day I'll get back to my mountains and that I'll be much better emotionally for it.

Currently I live in a tiny little town in NE Wisconsin about 2 miles from the UP of Michigan.. Yes.. I'm so sick of snow I could cheerfully shoot my husband.. but I won't.. because I love him dearly.. I read YoungLisa's posts and this one and I sometimes sit and cry, not only over all Cyndi has been through but because I miss my mountain home badly. I miss the owls the doves, the whip-o-wills, the mocking birds and the tiny little house wrens.. I miss a good crashing thunder storm and taking showers in the down spout of the gutter. I miss the slow and lazy accents of my "kind" of people. You know the old saying is true.. "you may take the gal out of the country but you'll never take the country out of the gal"

Thank you so very much for sharing this with us all. I know it was a huge help to me emotionally today as I was reading all this. I hope that all this Hazel stuff is over with very soon. Personally I'd like to shake her until her dentures walked across the road by themselves.. but you know what.. you reap what you sow.. Before I forget to mention it... I'm what they call a Kitchen Witch. I love my gardens and all that's in them. Getting my hands down in the good ole dirt is like church for me it cleans out my head and calms my soul.

I'm really looking forward to reading this now and I'm glad that HarborLady sent this to me, bless her, she knows me well.

Hang in there Cyndi and Chris, this can't go on forever and then you'll no longer have to worry about Miss Hazel and her crowd. I guess she doesn't know it.. but she'll find out..karma is a *itch...
Again, thanks so much for sharing this and giving me hope that someday soon I'll be able to get back to my beloved mountains.
Blessed Be
Laura

Old 06-18-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraRose64 View Post

wow.. I've spent the entire day reading the last thread and this one. I've gotten nothing done and only stopped to eat once.
I found this thread on a Saturday night as I was getting ready to go to sleep for the night. I finished it (having gone back to the previous thread to start at the beginning) at 5:30AM. I was so drawn in, I couldn't "put it down". I can't wait to hear the resolution with Hazel!

Old 06-19-2009, 07:16 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Lesson to be learned----------- Moderator cut: No flaming

When you have nothing in legal writing you ain't ----"bought"-----anything.

keep that lesson in mind !

Last edited by vec101; 06-21-2009 at 05:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living