U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 01:36 PM

23,810 posts, read 11,827,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
BS on the cost numbers or you're using about 1/10 the electricity you did before. My guess is you still buy your electricity from the local utility and tell great stories on the internet.

and you pay about 7 ˘/kWh from the co-op.
Then why do I have an $80 or better a month electric bill but when I spend $40 a month on gasoline, my power bill only reflects the meter rental and nothing else.

I still come out ahead.

And when I go to diesel power, still lower yet.

You may claim I am paying more, yet in reality, I am paying less. Wait till I put the solar cells up, I will pay less. I hate paying utility bills. I actually hate bills of all kind. I also hate taxes that rape my paycheck.

So my CPA and I scour ever bit of the tax code for every deduction no matter how minute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 01:57 PM

5,915 posts, read 7,237,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp1969 View Post
Uh, we didn't elect a dictator. He can only do what's in the Constitution. Show me in the part that allows micromanaging of this sort.
Show me a Supreme Court order stopping him, Sparky.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Then why do I have an $80 or better a month electric bill but when I spend $40 a month on gasoline, my power bill only reflects the meter rental and nothing else.

I still come out ahead.

And when I go to diesel power, still lower yet.

You may claim I am paying more, yet in reality, I am paying less. Wait till I put the solar cells up, I will pay less. I hate paying utility bills. I actually hate bills of all kind. I also hate taxes that rape my paycheck.

So my CPA and I scour ever bit of the tax code for every deduction no matter how minute.
You aren't ahead, but you tell a good yarn.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:49 PM

23,810 posts, read 11,827,495 times
Quote:
You aren't ahead, but you tell a good yarn.
Please yourself.

Excuse me, I have plastic to burn.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:44 PM

39,176 posts, read 40,553,882 times
Quote:
Were you around last November? Who gave them the authority? The American people gave President Obama the authority -- 365-173.
Yes and they will unauthorize him and the rest of the Democrats party when they get that first electric bill in the mail that has doubled.

Here it is again in case you missed it the first 5 or 6 times I posted it, at 1.3 million every man, woman and child in the U.S. will pay $600 each every year.

Quote:
Sources: White House Official Boosts Cap, Trade Rev Estimate
By COREY BOLES AND MARTIN VAUGHAN
Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

WASHINGTON -- A top White House economic adviser told Senate staff a proposed cap and trade system could raise "two-to-three times" the administration's existing $646 billion revenue estimate, according to five people at the meeting.

This could mean the cap and trade system could actually generate between roughly $1.3 trillion and $1.9 trillion between fiscal years 2012 and 2019.

Jason Furman, deputy director of the National Economic Council, offered the estimate at a Feb. 26 meeting on Capitol Hill with a bipartisan group of staffers, most of whom are attached to the Senate Finance Committee, according to five Senate aides who attended the meeting. They spoke on condition they wouldn't be identified by name.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Yes and they will unauthorize him and the rest of the Democrats party when they get that first electric bill in the mail that has doubled.

Here it is again in case you missed it the first 5 or 6 times I posted it, at 1.3 million every man, woman and child in the U.S. will pay $600 each every year.
Those who use coal will pay the price. Make your choice.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Those who use coal will pay the price. Make your choice.
Look around are you blind man? Everything you see is there in part because of coal. EVERYTHING will cost more, it doesn't get any simpler than that. You like every other citizen in this country will pay the costs for this and if you really think you won't I'd suggest going and taking a class in economics 101.

FYI it's ironic but I'll look forward to spike in traffic on my website as people who heat with electric start to look for alternatives.

<goes back to counting the thousands he saved over this last winter>

Old 05-10-2009, 07:42 PM

This was a unit they tested last summer based on a EFM stoker base for a boiler originally built to burn anthracite. It was modified so it will burn bituminous coal. The specific coal it's burning was shipped here from Wyoming, currently the unit is in Wyoming and tested quite well over the winter. If my understanding is correct a person can get coal in Wyoming for about $60 a ton. 2000 sq. ft house needs about 5 tons for the winter so grand total for heat for the entire year would be about $300. That includes hot water too as long as the unit is opertaing

YouTube - Marks Supply Co. / EFM - Soft Coal Stoker - Video 3

YouTube - Marks Supply Co. / EFM - Soft Coal Stoker - Video 1

So here's the question rlchurch, if prices for energy go through the roof again which is inevitable under this plan how many people now using electric to heat theoir home will be seeking altteranives like this?

It won't just be coal either but wood or anything else that can alleviate the bills.

As much as I hate to see this legislation passed, on the bright side it's going to make me a pile 'o money.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Look around are you blind man? Everything you see is there in part because of coal. EVERYTHING will cost more, it doesn't get any simpler than that. You like every other citizen in this country will pay the costs for this and if you really think you won't I'd suggest going and taking a class in economics 101.

FYI it's ironic but I'll look forward to spike in traffic on my website as people who heat with electric start to look for alternatives.

<goes back to counting the thousands he saved over this last winter>
Those thousand will reverse soon. Coal's going to pay the price.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:35 AM

25,107 posts, read 35,111,775 times
Geeze - with all this bickering and fighting, I'm glad I don't have to pay any electric bill!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living