U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 11:20 AM

8,293 posts, read 23,097,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Somehow, I just couldn't get myself all worked up about that.

In short, I couldn't care less.
Don't you at least feel GUILTY? We, as Americans, are supposed to feel guilty about EVERYTHING!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 11:51 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,202,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Don't you at least feel GUILTY? We, as Americans, are supposed to feel guilty about EVERYTHING!
I feel guilty. Starting now, I will starve myself so I can do my part to "Change" this broken country. We should all strive for the Chinese lifestyle.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:13 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,654,959 times
I find it funny that many oif these countries can't veen feed their people without US aid. Many don't even have safe drinking water and often rely on US and other western nations to create it. They also have disease that has been eliminated in much of the western world. My guess is its a slandeed survey with the respondants being the environmantalis in the USA. Bet Micheal Moore was at the top of the list.Green propoganda.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
I feel guilty. Starting now, I will starve myself so I can do my part to "Change" this broken country. We should all strive for the Chinese lifestyle.
I salved my guilt with a long motorcycle ride out through the Ponca Hills, Hummel Park & Pershing Drive area.

Absolutely gorgeous.

You should do the same. Do it right now, you horrible guilty sinner!

Old 05-21-2009, 01:30 PM

5,915 posts, read 7,238,125 times
The issue isn't where other countries rank, it's that many of our resources are finite. If we are consuming those resources at an unsustainable rate, we will hit the wall. Climate change is one issue, but water in the west is even more pressing. Many of the western aquifers are drying up. If we continue to consume as we have in the past, people are going to start getting awfully thirsty.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
The issue isn't where other countries rank, it's that many of our resources are finite. If we are consuming those resources at an unsustainable rate, we will hit the wall. Climate change is one issue, but water in the west is even more pressing. Many of the western aquifers are drying up. If we continue to consume as we have in the past, people are going to start getting awfully thirsty.
I fail why the western states don't do one simple thing that would virtually eliminate this water problem: PROHIBIT WATERING LAWNS IN THE DESERT.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:46 PM

23,832 posts, read 11,833,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I fail why the western states don't do one simple thing that would virtually eliminate this water problem: PROHIBIT WATERING LAWNS IN THE DESERT.
Because it makes too much sense.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:48 PM

197 posts, read 335,013 times
lol.... um, people, WE DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF SUSTAINABLILITY. You must understand our ONLY way of life is built around cheap oil. Doesn't anyone remember what happened when oil prices went crazy? the whole nation nearly grinded to a halt. Suburbs are EXTREMELY unsustainable, no one is suggesting we cram 20 to a 10x10 area, but the mass majority of everything we get is shipped to us from around the world or across the country.

I suggest everyone watch this

YouTube - The End of Suburbia - 52 minute documentary on oil

Old 05-21-2009, 01:55 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,202,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
There is an interesting fix to that. And, it creates "sustainable" jobs! Water desalination has been proven to be cost effective on large scale production. I'm guessing you will see that in the near future for the southeast/southwest.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:57 PM

895 posts, read 2,141,604 times
I guess japan should be even lower on the list than the US since we have a higher human development index than US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or