Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 09:54 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,902,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Gotta be honest with you. $300-$350 seems extremely high. I live in a 4,000 sq ft house, and our monthly electric bill is $113. Not only that, but with some of the energy-saving measures I've implemented, I'm actually running a pretty high credit right now. They'll probably adjust our monthly bill down to about $100 when the new cycle starts.
Hmmm....its about 95 degree during the day here and 85-90 at night so that might have something to do with it We have energy saving double paned windows but hubby likes it cool in the house so AC is kept pretty low when he is home.
Also we have 2 AC units, one upstairs and one downstairs, a 20x40 pool, and my daughter and I are home during the day (with lots of out of town guests) using tvs and computers all summer so to us it $300 seems reasonable, but could always be better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 09:56 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,902,107 times
Thanks we look forward to checking it out!///

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
This is the best site ive found so far. There are many good articles in here : BuildItSolar: Solar energy projects for Do It Yourselfers to save money and reduce pollution

Old 08-16-2009, 06:20 PM

4 posts, read 10,851 times
Appliances could be part of the the problem. Our appliances aren't directly plugged into the outlets. Using X10 appliance modules can help save energy. Some appliances example, your home entertainment equipment use electricity when they are off to support features that allow them to instantly come on when you hit the on button.
Turning your appliances off using these modules turns the power off from the outlet inhibiting these energy hungry features. These modules can help save you energy and money! In order for the modules to work a X10 transceiver and X10 controller is also needed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living