Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 10:15 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,175,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
That is the reason why I never allowed my kids to visit the public swimming pool in the summer when they were little.
I make a point of making the kids go to the bathroom before jumping into a swimming pool, whether that want to or not. The last thing that I want is to feel warm water next to my leg when I'm in the pool with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 10:56 AM

615 posts, read 1,692,932 times
If the chemicals are correct in the pool, you aren't going to catch anything from someone peeing. THe thought of it is gross though. We love the pool though and aren't going to stop going so we just don't think about it.

Seriously, who NEVER pees in the shower? I always have the urge as soon as I get in, even if I've just gone. I never smell anything, and I can't imagine it would do any harm at all. No I won't hold it all day but if I need to go, I pee. Tub absolutely not but shower yes.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:03 AM

23,590 posts, read 70,358,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I keep two urinals, with closing lids, close to my bed at night as I suffer from frequent urination. In the morning, I empty them into the toilet.

I also have a urinal next to my computer. There are times I get so rapt up in what I'm doing on the computer, I have no time to run to the bathroom, fearing I'll lose my train of thought in the interim.

And, yes, I pee in shower as well, when the occasion arises.

I'm even flirting with the idea of getting a Texas catheter, where you attach a condom like sac over the penis and it drains into a bag attached to your leg.
Gee! Wouldn't that be the luxury of all luxuries!

How many times, how many times, have I been in a long line at the grocery store and by the time I'm up to bat, I've almost peed my pants. With a Texas catheter, there I'd be at the cash register, peeing away while paying the cashier with a smirk on my face. The sounds of urine splashing inside the bag as I head to the parking lot.
Not the first time I've heard of these. Remember all those streetcar operators that had to stand and operate the trolleys? Standard equipment.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:47 PM

65 posts, read 251,225 times
Quote:
I keep two urinals, with closing lids, close to my bed at night as I suffer from frequent urination. In the morning, I empty them into the toilet.

I'm even flirting with the idea of getting a Texas catheter, where you attach a condom like sac over the penis and it drains into a bag attached to your leg.
Gee! Wouldn't that be the luxury of all luxuries!

How many times, how many times, have I been in a long line at the grocery store and by the time I'm up to bat, I've almost peed my pants. With a Texas catheter, there I'd be at the cash register, peeing away while paying the cashier with a smirk on my face. The sounds of urine splashing inside the bag as I head to the parking lot.
Great for guys.. NOT so for us gals though. We would have to use a Foley catheter with leg or belly bag. They have not designed an external catheter that works well with the female anatomy yet. the Holister model may work for women who are wheelchair bound but at the prices they charge for this medical aid you can buy a box of foley catheters and the catheter install trays. You can get these sterile units on the internet. But... Improperlly installed it can reallly make your life miserable with Urinary Tract Infections. These same caths can be used for men too. the male ones are a bit longer.

For me, the female urinal I have has worked well.

Now I have a female urinal hanging on my bedrrame, near my head so I can grab it easily. I also have a fracture bedpan too in case I got to do #2 (ugh) but I don't shower as I take baths. and no, as an adult I don't pee in my bath water.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:26 PM

269 posts, read 783,676 times
Is it green to take showers every time you pee just so you can pee?

Old 08-20-2009, 07:42 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Default Why this big fear of urine?

I have read books about people making perilous treks across the deserts, and one particular book about some immigrants that crossed the desert in Arizona in summertime, where, out of 42, 30+ died.

And how did they survive without water? Need I give you the stomach-turning details?

In the Sahara, those dying of thirst, would find the urine of camels to be far more tasty and quenching to their thirst than their own.

And as for a little urination in a pool or in your bathtub? Oh please!

Old 08-20-2009, 08:36 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
I have read books about people making perilous treks across the deserts, and one particular book about some immigrants that crossed the desert in Arizona in summertime, where, out of 42, 30+ died.

And how did they survive without water? Need I give you the stomach-turning details?

In the Sahara, those dying of thirst, would find the urine of camels to be far more tasty and quenching to their thirst than their own.

And as for a little urination in a pool or in your bathtub? Oh please!
Well.... before I died, I would drink a great many things.
But as long as I'm living in the suburbs with a sink, toilette and bath tub....I plan to use each one for what it was specifically designed for.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:39 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Considering what some kids can and what they will do is mine boggling.

That is the reason why I never allowed my kids to visit the public swimming pool in the summer when they were little.
Unless there is a urinary tract or kidney infection urine is virtually a sterile fluid. I'm sorry you chose to deprive your kids of summer fun.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:13 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Who would have thought that urine would arouse such passionate responses from so many people?

Old 08-20-2009, 09:40 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,052,382 times
As a man, I have been peeing in the shower since I was young enough to take a shower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living