Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 07:27 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancan View Post
In this case soft language masks more than you might think....sustainability sounds good....so they use it.

I have no issue with sustainability per say , except when its placed above people living life.....
My issues with the UN go far deeper than that. The UN is, in reality, a worthless sham organization that should be disbanded immediately.

But that's an issue for a different thread...

For instance, why are all those over-paid arrogant blow-hards so busy sitting on their butts writing stuff like this while - at the same time - completely ignoring REAL issues such as ongoing genocide in Southern Sudan?

The UN is worse than a worthless organization!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 08:15 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
My issues with the UN go far deeper than that. The UN is, in reality, a worthless sham organization that should be disbanded immediately.

But that's an issue for a different thread...

For instance, why are all those over-paid arrogant blow-hards so busy sitting on their butts writing stuff like this while - at the same time - completely ignoring REAL issues such as ongoing genocide in Southern Sudan?

The UN is worse than a worthless organization!
Here's something that I got in my email from someone I've had only remote business contact with and they of course are anti - Obama - United Nations, and I have no idea if it's true. But I am aware that any type of alarmist excuse can be used for furthering any type of political agenda. The country where I reside is extremely pro-UN. They even have UN days in their school system.

GetLiberty.org >> Home

Old 10-24-2009, 12:16 PM

314 posts, read 930,666 times
We arent anti UN in America per-say. But it is a organization (including its member countries) that is impotent for the most part....They have all these big Ideas it seems yet let murder and Genocide reign free.....I admitt the member countries have allowed this to happen as well. What good is it if it cant stop or have a concensus on the most important things in this world....stopping senseless murder . dictators, genocide and starvation.

Now that's just my opinion but I believe it is why alot of Americans have no faith in the UN (and member states) as an actual entity that fights the bad in the world. They Seem to be good tho and putting "ideas" on paper.

There is much interesting reading on the subject....Here is one.

http://www.crossroad.to/text/articles/la21_198.html

Last edited by cancan; 10-24-2009 at 12:28 PM..

Old 10-25-2009, 12:32 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancan View Post
Im banking the above posters have not even read agenda 21.....theres a good start read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Are you referring to me? And is this the document you're referring to?
DSD :: Resources - Publications - Core Publications

I'm more inclined to read the document than to listen to somebody on some video tell me what it says.
My concern isn't what is in agenda 21 (well, it is, but not for purposes of this thread), it's the idiotic video these people made about it. If you want to make a point here and get people interested don't post some half-assed video put together by people who obviously have their own agenda which is likely as bad or worse than agenda 21. Honestly, do you expect anyone with an intellect to take that video seriously?

Old 10-25-2009, 01:32 PM

I read agenda 21. Not just bits and pieces like I've seen on the Interernet, the whole thing. Thanks Omaha Rocks for the link.

What I get is this:

The people who are upset about agenda 21 are anti-environment, anti-women in the workplace, anti-forest preservation, against sustainable ecology, against helping the people of developing nations improve their lives while maintaining a sustainable ecology so they can continue to produce food to feed themselves and increase their economic standing in the world. Against all people taking part in this effort, including the education of our children so they will understand the need to protect the environment so their children will have a healthy planet. etc, etc, etc.

Basically, they are against anything that will sustain our planets environment so future generations will have a place to live.

I'll wager the same folks are against going into space, protecting forests, protecting unique areas of our planet (If I want to fill in the Grand Canyon and farm on it I will!), and believe that no one ever landed on the moon.

I haven't changed my mind about the idiots in the video or the need to sustain our planet. Paranoia is a dangerous tool, and these creeps are using it to scare a lot of people.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:52 PM

314 posts, read 930,666 times
And your using wild generalizations to try and pigeon hole anyone who is suspicious of all the soft lawyer language in that document......

Your generalizations applied to me couldnt be more wrong

Old 10-25-2009, 07:59 PM

I'm a wild and crazy guy! Generally...

Old 10-25-2009, 08:16 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I read agenda 21. Not just bits and pieces like I've seen on the Interernet, the whole thing. Thanks Omaha Rocks for the link.

What I get is this:

The people who are upset about agenda 21 are anti-environment, anti-women in the workplace, anti-forest preservation, against sustainable ecology, against helping the people of developing nations improve their lives while maintaining a sustainable ecology so they can continue to produce food to feed themselves and increase their economic standing in the world. Against all people taking part in this effort, including the education of our children so they will understand the need to protect the environment so their children will have a healthy planet. etc, etc, etc.

Basically, they are against anything that will sustain our planets environment so future generations will have a place to live.

I'll wager the same folks are against going into space, protecting forests, protecting unique areas of our planet (If I want to fill in the Grand Canyon and farm on it I will!), and believe that no one ever landed on the moon.

I haven't changed my mind about the idiots in the video or the need to sustain our planet. Paranoia is a dangerous tool, and these creeps are using it to scare a lot of people.
I believe strongly in protecting the environment and being sustainable. However, I despise Agenda 21. It's an example of power thirsty elitist people with their own agenda using a legitimate issue to further their cause. I'll give you some examples of what those connected to Agenda 21 would like to do and have proposed in recent years: turn Northern Maine into one big National Park and drive all the people off, ban hunting there, ban logging there, etc. They are elitists who want big playgrounds (just research the history of the Adirondacks in NY or Bar Harbor in ME, rich people like the Rockefellers, etc., find a playground and want to keep it that way by driving everyone else who were there before them out) and to hell with us "little" people. There has been a literal war waged against rural America over the years by these elitists and extremists. Elsewhere, they push for expanding "wilderness" designations not to protect the land but to keep most people out of it. Agenda 21 is also simply a big push for the government to have more power over everything, and to give the UN more power.

Agenda 21 isn't really about helping the environment. Dig deeper into it and those behind it. Extremists and elitists have hijacked the environmental movement for their own personal gains.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:34 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,373,763 times
Omaha and Cancan, I'm with you.
WHY aren't people concerned?

This isn't some you-tube craziness -- read about it on the
United Nations Environment Programme website:
-- Agenda 21 - United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) --#

Add to this, the draft to be presented at Copenhagen this December which is linked to the United Nations Development Programme. It is expected that the US (Obama) will be signing this treaty.
A video of Lord Monckton talking about the treaty explains a lot about it. Watch his video then read the draft for yourself.
YouTube - Is Obama Poised to Cede US Sovereignty?
Quote:
[LEFT]7. The objective of the provision of financial resources is to promote equity and justice through
further enhancement of the full, effective and sustained implementation of the Convention and the Bali Action Plan, so that the ultimate objective of the Convention can be achieved.
http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpre...hagen-2009.pdf[/LEFT]
[LEFT]But why should we be surprised - earlier this year we handed the G20 governance over our financial institutions.[/LEFT]
Quote:
President Barack Obama made an unexpected concession to Europe by embracing a relatively strong regulatory role for a Swiss-based body that will create standards for financial institutions around the world. G-20: Big Role for a Low-Profile Regulator - BusinessWeek
Quote:
Among the major agreements by the G20 on financial regulation were:
..........To extend regulation and oversight to all systemically-important financial institutions, instruments and markets, including the largest hedge funds.
To impose new rules over banks' capital requirements ...
[including executive compensation] .........
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...ng-crisis.html#
Through the issues mentioned above, we are in essence handing the governance of the US over to a governing body composed of foreign countries - yet people are not outraged or even concerned?

Oh wait, that is because we are not hearing about it on the news.
Either we sheeple are too stupid to be informed (we are too busy worrying about what the latest "hot" star is doing) or the powers that be don't want us to know.
So, since the media is not covering it - it is all conspiracy theories, right? No, I don't think so.

Last edited by vec101; 10-26-2009 at 05:46 PM..

Old 10-26-2009, 05:56 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,447,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Omaha and Cancan, I'm with you.
WHY aren't people concerned?
Just guessing here, but perhaps most people aren't paranoid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living