Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 04:51 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,629,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pundit View Post

YouTube - Slaughter caught on camera

Is this the kind of "immediate and painless" end you are talking about ?
Did you notice that little bit about it being SHUT DOWN? And have you stopped to scratch your little head and ask yourself WHY it was SHUT DOWN?

And did you happen to notice that most of the video was of little calves - NOT slaughter cows?

So let's talk about selective editing and video work, to the point where it's just flat-out dishonest...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 06:21 PM

19,665 posts, read 22,528,844 times
I've lessoned our families reliance on beef today.

I bow killed a deer this morning. No pollution, no noise, no lead in the environment, reusable Montec broad-heads. I even take carbon out of the environment and re-use it- I use carbon arrows, lol.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I've lessoned our families reliance on beef today.

I bow killed a deer this morning. No pollution, no noise, no lead in the environment, reusable Montec broad-heads. I even take carbon out of the environment and re-use it- I use carbon arrows, lol.
Sounds like a good plan.

I was just talking to a friend of mine up by Grand Rapids, Minnesota. He spent the entire day on a deer stand up in a tree and didn't see a thing. Came out of the woods with nothing but a sore butt and bad attitude.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:03 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,155,540 times
Lots of gunshots heard in the distance from my farm this morning ( central Minnesota)

However, my daughter-in-law texted my husband that she didn't have a deer at 3 this afternoon ( northern Minnesota)

She passed up a doe and 2 fawns this morning cuz she couldn't get a good shot.( and was hoping for a buck)

Old 11-07-2009, 08:01 PM

52 posts, read 143,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Did you notice that little bit about it being SHUT DOWN? And have you stopped to scratch your little head and ask yourself WHY it was SHUT DOWN?
Did you not hear that it is being SHUT DOWN after it came in the video ? Did you scratch your big head and asked yourself how long it was going on? Or if it was not being caught in media how long it would have gone on ? Or how many such slaughter houses still exists ?

Quote:
And did you happen to notice that most of the video was of little calves - NOT slaughter cows?
Do you realize that cows are born as calves? Hence your point that cows are happy in slaughter house is not valid? Did you ask yourself if they can do that to calves they can do that to cows as well ?

I wish you were there in stead of that little calf..Probably you would have understood better.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:11 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,317,174 times
What I find interesting about the situation as reported with that slaughter house (I didn't listen to the video right now because football is going on in the same room), which is an abysmal situation and should be shut down, was two mutually contradictory things being reported.

In the article I read, it said that an unidentified inspector was shown in the HSUS (read: PETA, no difference, same people and funds) video giving advice on how to avoid being shut down rather than shutting them down. However, the same article reports that the USDA shows that the slaughter house was shut down three previous times, a month apart each time, for abuse, before finally being closed, which would indicate that the inspector was actually shutting it down rather than advising them how to avoid it.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pundit View Post
Did you not hear that it is being SHUT DOWN after it came in the video ? Did you scratch your big head and asked yourself how long it was going on? Or if it was not being caught in media how long it would have gone on ? Or how many such slaughter houses still exists ?

Do you realize that cows are born as calves? Hence your point that cows are happy in slaughter house is not valid? Did you ask yourself if they can do that to calves they can do that to cows as well ?

I wish you were there in stead of that little calf..Probably you would have understood better.

You live in a city, don't you?

Old 11-07-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
What I find interesting about the situation as reported with that slaughter house (I didn't listen to the video right now because football is going on in the same room), which is an abysmal situation and should be shut down, was two mutually contradictory things being reported.

In the article I read, it said that an unidentified inspector was shown in the HSUS (read: PETA, no difference, same people and funds) video giving advice on how to avoid being shut down rather than shutting them down. However, the same article reports that the USDA shows that the slaughter house was shut down three previous times, a month apart each time, for abuse, before finally being closed, which would indicate that the inspector was actually shutting it down rather than advising them how to avoid it.

Hence the problem with the video. Selective videoing and editing. It's total BS, and only ignorant city-folk are dumb enough to believe it.

I find it interesting that our local city boy, who posted that video, has no legitimate explanation for why there are those 2-3 month old calves "supposedly" at a slaughter house.

Dumb, dumb, dumb...

Old 11-07-2009, 10:27 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,155,540 times
---" or how many such slaughter houses still exists"--

Pundit-------there aren't that many slaughter houses in the US anymore as the big ones got bigger and the smaller ones closed.

I would say, it would be rare.

Packing plants need to have USDA inspectors on site.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:55 PM

108 posts, read 266,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
A one inch thick T bone, Mmmmmmmmmmmm !

Belted Galloway, Mmmmmmmmmmmm !
That....looks....delicious!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living