U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 10:47 PM

28,216 posts, read 47,628,039 times

Advertisements

Al Gore has been advocating for climate change for 30 years, and the former vice president said he is more than willing to put his "money where his mouth is" and invest in green companies.

Al Gore on Green Investments, Politics and Climate Change - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 10:51 PM

21,483 posts, read 13,696,391 times
LOL, easy for him to say when he has made a killing out of pushing everything green. Of course, he won't give up his mansions, private jet, limos, etc, etc. I know his chauffeur he gets when he flies into LA. He has him drive three blocks from the event he is going to then takes his daughter's Prius to it. People slobber over him. He drives the Prius back to the Limo and back to his private jet.

Biggest hypocrite around. Rich hypocrite though. Tax the rich is appropriate for him---tax his A$$ off.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:00 PM

39,496 posts, read 40,814,531 times
Correction, he "puts his mouth where his money is."

Old 11-04-2009, 05:54 AM

8,293 posts, read 23,180,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Al Gore has been advocating for climate change for 30 years, and the former vice president said he is more than willing to put his "money where his mouth is" and invest in green companies.

Al Gore on Green Investments, Politics and Climate Change - ABC News
The Religion of Global Warming is the best thing that has ever happened to Benny Hinn - ooops... I mean, Reverend Al Gore.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:07 AM

627 posts, read 1,864,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
LOL, easy for him to say when he has made a killing out of pushing everything green. Of course, he won't give up his mansions, private jet, limos, etc, etc. I know his chauffeur he gets when he flies into LA. He has him drive three blocks from the event he is going to then takes his daughter's Prius to it. People slobber over him. He drives the Prius back to the Limo and back to his private jet.

Biggest hypocrite around. Rich hypocrite though. Tax the rich is appropriate for him---tax his A$$ off.
I agree that Gore is a hypocrite. His lack of inclusion of the livestock industry in "Inconvenient Truth" and his refusal to stop eating meat derails his message.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:19 AM

8,293 posts, read 23,180,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_Random View Post
I agree that Gore is a hypocrite. His lack of inclusion of the livestock industry in "Inconvenient Truth" and his refusal to stop eating meat derails his message.
So... You're all for killing off all livestock, right? And included in your mass killing will be Bison, Elk, Deer, sheep, camels, llamas, antelope and water buffalo - right?

Need to eliminate all those gas-producing ruminants, right?

Right?

Old 11-05-2009, 07:12 PM

4,276 posts, read 7,152,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_Random View Post
He obviously hasn't stopped eating much of anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
The Religion of Global Warming is the best thing that has ever happened to Benny Hinn - ooops... I mean, Reverend Al Gore.
'tis a religion, and false idols are worshipped daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Correction, he "puts his mouth where his money is."
And it looks more like a Super Duper Big Mac every day.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:17 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,966,925 times
He gets his friend to pass subsidises and then put his money where his favors are.Need more money tehn get your firends to poass a law that makes them deal money to you for agranging thiongs. Sounds like the mob doesn't it; the deal you can't refuse becuase its now the law.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:31 AM

41,492 posts, read 51,399,522 times
How do you guys think Washington, DC actually works? Them that has, gets. Them that has more, gets more. We have the best government money has bought.

That is really sad.

Old 11-07-2009, 12:21 AM

4,628 posts, read 3,974,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

You took the words out of my mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living