Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 04:19 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,066,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Hey rlchurch...

No comment regarding the Fraud in Climate Change data From Britain's Largest Climate Research Institute.

www.climatedepot.com

whats the matter...can't admit that man made GW/climate change FANATICAL RELIGION has been nothing more than a "BIG LIE"......hmmmmm
Yeah it's nothing but the internal cat fights that go on in science. Nothing has been discredited.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:42 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,558 times
Quote:
Yeah it's nothing but the internal cat fights that go on in science. Nothing has been discredited.
with all due respect rlchurch,

its one thing to disagree ...but to purposely hide or falsify data...well correct me if i'm wrong...I think its called scientific "DISHONESTY" or "FRAUD"!!!!

but whatever... you keep trying to convince yourself of man made GW/Climate channge..Talk about the blind leading the blind...

Last edited by tonyandclaire89; 11-23-2009 at 05:35 PM..

Old 11-23-2009, 09:07 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Climate changes in cycles; that isn't a question for debate, it's a fact. Open up a history book: the Vikings were able to colonize Greenland (which wasn't as much of a misnomer when Eirik the Red discovered it just before the year 1000 as it is today) because of the Little Climatic Maximum--a period of warmer weather that lasted for nearly four centuries. When it came to an end midway through the 15th century, temperatures dropped by several degrees, Greenland became too cold to support agriculture, and the Vikings sailed away.

Why should it be so unusual if global temperatures are rising? Been there, done that!

Old 11-23-2009, 10:46 PM

643 posts, read 1,393,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acfreema View Post
Little Ice Age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that is a very strong argument against us causing global warming. regardless, we need to be researching alternative energy sources or more efficient ways to use what we are using. i recall a press release in my environmental ethics course a few years ago, it was about 3m and their waste reduction. it's not about saving the environment, it's about "waste" which is just that, wasted resources that could be turned into profit.
Corporate Goals
I agree. while Global warming is complete crap, pollution is very real. I think my long term asbestos exposure over the years(remove it for a living) will cause my death prob 10-15 years from now. Your kids are breathing asbestos(improper disposal) and all kinds of terrible toxins right now and that will only get worse unless we work together

Old 11-23-2009, 11:03 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
I agree. while Global warming is complete crap, pollution is very real. I think my long term asbestos exposure over the years(remove it for a living) will cause my death prob 10-15 years from now. Your kids are breathing asbestos(improper disposal) and all kinds of terrible toxins right now and that will only get worse unless we work together
The Global Warming debate as it is and was introduced in the beginning no doubt had much to do with politics. The climate and environmental ruin however have nothing to do with politics or philosophies. Here's an interesting recorded audio with an interesting slant on the politics end of it. Personally I could care less about politics. Nothing will ever improve as long as human intellectuals are in charge of running things. Check out any thread in any political section of any forum, read any newspaper, watch any News broadcast on any TV and nowhere do you see anyone arriving at any understanding for the good of mankind. Hatred and anger will always characterize politics on all sides and there's no way around that.

Alan Jones talks to Lord Monckton, British climate change sceptic, who says the Copenhagen treaty is about creating a world government. I believe this was just recently recorded back on November 11th, 2009.

2GB Media Player - Is the Copenhagen treaty about creating a world government? (http://2gb.com.au/index2.php?option=com_newsmanager&task=view&id=499 8 - broken link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntv56ZqeTls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zOXm...eature=channel

Needless to say, these are at the heart of the political debates from the opposing views.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:22 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Well, once again, nature could'nt care less about the battles between scientific and political egos.

Over 100 icebergs drifting to N.Zealand: official - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091123/ts_afp/australianzealandantarcticaclimateiceberg - broken link)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091124/sc_afp/environmentsustainabilityus (broken link)

Last edited by bluepacific; 11-23-2009 at 11:32 PM..

Old 11-24-2009, 12:18 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
There are so many groups taking care of business already, that nothing is being overlooked. I am not worried that this world will end in 2012, I am not worried that global warming will kill off our species, I am not worried that pollution will kill us off, I am not worried that floods and disasters will end the world, I am not worried that a meteor will strike and kill us off. Why not? Because so much is being done already, that people are conscious of the problems and are getting it under control. It might not be under control yet, since its a lenthy process, but in the end it will get a solution. Environmental groups are hard at work ensuring that this is so.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:36 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
The email is nice fodder but the underlying data and code will be their downfall:

http://www.anenglishmanscastle.com/HARRY_READ_ME.txt

Quote:
Starting Line 5457:

You can't imagine what this has cost me - to actually allow the operator to assign false
WMO codes!! But what else is there in such situations? Especially when dealing with a 'Master'
database of dubious provenance (which, er, they all are and always will be).

False codes will be obtained by multiplying the legitimate code (5 digits) by 100, then adding
1 at a time until a number is found with no matches in the database. THIS IS NOT PERFECT but as
there is no central repository for WMO codes - especially made-up ones - we'll have to chance
duplicating one that's present in one of the other databases. In any case, anyone comparing WMO
codes between databases - something I've studiously avoided doing except for tmin/tmax where I
had to - will be treating the false codes with suspicion anyway. Hopefully.

Of course, option 3 cannot be offered for CLIMAT bulletins, there being no metadata with which
to form a new station.

This still meant an awful lot of encounters with naughty Master stations, when really I suspect
nobody else gives a hoot about. So with a somewhat cynical shrug, I added the nuclear option -
to match every WMO possible, and turn the rest into new stations (er, CLIMAT excepted). In other
words, what CRU usually do. It will allow bad databases to pass unnoticed, and good databases to
become bad, but I really don't think people care enough to fix 'em, and it's the main reason the
project is nearly a year late.

Quote:
Starting Line 13332

OH **** THIS. It's Sunday evening, I've worked all weekend, and just when I thought it was done I'm
hitting yet another problem that's based on the hopeless state of our databases. There is no uniform
data integrity, it's just a catalogue of issues that continues to grow as they're found.

That's just two samples, HARRY_READ_ME.txt is 2 or 3 year diary of someone from the CRU attempting to fix numerous dataset and code issues. The file is littered with comments like that.

Sounds to me like the data they have is FUBAR and if that is the case there is nothing to replace it because the original data was deleted.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:52 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,558 times
Lord Lawson calls for public inquiry into UEA global warming data 'manipulation

The GW/Climate Change religion is crumbling...

Lord Lawson calls for public inquiry into UEA global warming data 'manipulation' - Telegraph

Old 11-24-2009, 06:54 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Lord Lawson calls for public inquiry into UEA global warming data 'manipulation

The GW/Climate Change religion is crumbling...

Lord Lawson calls for public inquiry into UEA global warming data 'manipulation' - Telegraph
First of all, this is just more evidence to the fact that The Religion of Global Warming is all about money - scientists (and charlatans like Al Gore) who are absolutely determined to continue to suck at the public teat. It's about MONEY.

Second, despite the hypocrisy of the Global Warming Zealots, every single one of us should live as green and environmentally friendly as is humanly possible. We should conserve. We should recycle. We should leave the smallest carbon footprint possible. But we should do it because it's the right thing to do, not because some fat Bozo like Al Gore says so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living