Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 10:15 AM

3,464 posts, read 1,896,460 times

Advertisements

Hell if they don't like it I will just tell them that I will bag my own...
It's that simple really...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 12:21 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,691,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 419gottaminute View Post
Hell if they don't like it I will just tell them that I will bag my own...
It's that simple really...
The amount I pay for groceries these days, bagging them is the LEAST they can do.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:35 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times
If prices can go lower in exchange for me bagging my own groceries, I'll all for it!

Old 02-06-2010, 10:47 AM

764 posts, read 1,421,035 times
When I first moved to Texas about 14 years ago, I wasn't even allowed to bring my bags into the stores, let alone use them. The stores actually wouldn't allow me to bring in - I guess they were afraid I'd fill them and bypass the checkout on the way out or something. This was quite a surprise, because the stores in rural Kentucky where I had moved from didn't seem to mind. These were some nice canvas bags that I had used in Germany and bought on the base there. They were about the size of a paper grocery bag if I remember right. Now, none of the stores I go to give me any grief about it, even if I bring another store's bags. I like the reusable bags better because they can hold so much more, although I was kind of disappointed in the last two bags I just picked up at WM. They seemed more flimsy than the first generation bags I got from there about a year or so ago.

I didn't know that about Target deducting 5 cents off the total for every bag you bring in. Does that only apply to Super Targets? I wish I had one of those around here.

Blessings,
pnc

Old 02-06-2010, 10:48 AM

764 posts, read 1,421,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
The amount I pay for groceries these days, bagging them is the LEAST they can do.
Isn't that the truth!!

Old 02-06-2010, 12:20 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's store number two now that has it's employees give us grief because we use our own bags. I guess from their comments it's much easier for the baggers to use the plastic ones.

Anyone else?
Never happens to me. But I don't bring in my own bags.

Most of my "shopping" is done at places like Home Depot. 99% of the time, when checking out, I simply say, "I don't need a bag. I'll just carry those."

They're cool with it. I've never gotten any guff for it.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
if you use yours it looks like rip off, that is bek the americans use cloth bags, in france they use filet de provisions, a net bag. works better and is more compact since its see thru they dont think you are stealing.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
I had a friend get grief at WM for using the WM reusable bags -the cashier refused to put the stuff in and told her if she wanted to use them she had to bag the stuff herself - of course the way WM is set up its really hard to do that as the bag carousel is at the left hand of the cashier.

I have not gotten grief but I have had comments on certain bags I have that stand up as being easier to fill than the flimsy ones.
Never experienced that at wal mart here ;it alos sounds like a individaul cashier since wal-mart is promoting your won bags and sells them. But go to a loacl that does not and what they reaction when you have those 50 cent wal mart bags for them to use.Mine doen't say anything but you can feel the reaction.All the chains in my areas have them for sale and wal-mart as usual is the cheapest;so that is what they get.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
if you use yours it looks like rip off, that is bek the americans use cloth bags, in france they use filet de provisions, a net bag. works better and is more compact since its see thru they dont think you are stealing.
If you go to the check-out cashier, and you hand over an empty bag(s) which you have brought-in, why would they think you are stealing???

I don't know about where you shop but the places I take my own bags the check-out is at/near the front door and away from products being sold once you actually go through the line.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:50 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
If you go to the check-out cashier, and you hand over an empty bag(s) which you have brought-in, why would they think you are stealing???

I don't know about where you shop but the places I take my own bags the check-out is at/near the front door and away from products being sold once you actually go through the line.
In some WalMarts (maybe all of them?) they use different color bags on different days. It's one of their security measures.

I wonder if that comes into play in any of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living