Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:29 PM

Location: Philadelphia, PA (Wanting to move) --Burlington, VT, Asheville, NC, Boulder, CO?
129 posts, read 404,262 times

Advertisements

So I wanted to update everyone and let you know that I have decided AGAINST the job offer in SF. The position only paid $27,000/yr... 27K in SF I don't think is going to cut it. I also think I want to be around trees...

With that being said, I am back to Burlington, VT and Portland, OR. I have decided that before I move back to Burlington, I would like to at least take a trip out to Portland to visit. I figure it's work a good week (or two) there... I would like to see if I would be comfortable setting there.

I am 26 years old right now and am basically ready to start my professional career... I am ready to settle for a good 3-5 (possibly even longer) years just working full-time and living my life for me... doing things for me for the first time and not focusing on others (I have a tendency to care take).

So yeah...

Burlington, VT and Portland, OR... my first question is, does anyone want to warn me about anything in either of these two locations, particularly Portland since I am not quite familiar? For instance, I already know the job market isn't' that great. With that being said, I would definitely secure work first before moving out there.

I am wondering if anyone on here knows of anyone who would be willing to show me around if I were to come visit for a week or two?

Also, is anyone personally familiar with alanon meetings in Portland? If so, please let me know, or privately message me.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living