U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 01:29 PM

13,072 posts, read 11,438,673 times

Advertisements

Seriously people, if you have an objection to an issue. If you feel strongly about such, be honest about it. I know I will not personally discount you for extending an argument of another through proper citation. Now keep in mind if this is the abject of your position, then you personally can not comment as you are not qualified in the debate to do so (meaning you refused to offer comment of any note of your own).

If I object to a position of information, you can certainly object yourself and explain why to which we may discuss such, though if you simply paste your argument and have no comment and use such as a means to dismiss any who do object to such rebuttal, it simply means you are ignorant of the topic and due to your influence on the debate, anything you may attempt to claim outside of arguing the specifics of the issue is absolutely irrelevant.

That is, it is a matter of... make "your" position or shut up and move on. It isn't that hard and if you are honest in your approach and make a mistake on some concept or issue, most I believe (of integrity and without motive) would correct you and accept your input.

However, if you are of the type who simply parrots off your information like an imbecile who is ignorant and then arrogantly demands everyone submit to such, well... don't be surprised if you are treated as such.

Either you have an honest interest in the debate or you are a political hack. The latter not need apply as they are devious, arrogant, accusatory, and simply put... worthless.

Decide WHO you are and act accordingly.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:30 PM

6,530 posts, read 6,471,815 times
There's a simple approach. I have open discussions on this board with people who will openly discuss the issue and provide backup for positions they take. When someone won't do that I simply stop responding to their posts.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:38 PM

13,072 posts, read 11,438,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
There's a simple approach. I have open discussions on this board with people who will openly discuss the issue and provide backup for positions they take. When someone won't do that I simply stop responding to their posts.
Can you properly quote any discussion you have had with me to which supports such a claim or are you saying that as long as I don't accept your positions as a matter of authority and disregard the weakness and support of their claims, then I am simply... well... as you have put it in past posts... a "denier"?

I mean, lets be honest here, that is a term you used to describe people (specifically me) and I have posted in this specific forum far longer than you have to which I have discussed many points in my own words, supported my objections with proper citation and made valid arguments to my concerns only to be met with accusatory dismissal and vile disdain for even attempting to question the position of those you may hold in high regard.

I have looked at your past discussions and while I will give you that in some you do tend to discuss a bit more of the science than those who also post in your support, but you do not do so with any objective or honest approach as your position is argued from that of a stance of someone who is already in conclusion and simply argues with a arrogant disregard to any objection. So excuse me if I do not take your so ever civilized response as having any integrity or being anything more than a publicized doggie treat to make it appear as if you were having any real discussion in the first place.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:29 PM

4,729 posts, read 8,642,865 times
Closed for moderator review.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:47 PM

4,729 posts, read 8,642,865 times
By decision of the moderator panel after review and discussion, this thread will not be reopened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living