U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 02:02 PM

956 posts, read 4,072,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki
It appears that eastern Greensboro has more blacks living there than whites.

Is this part of what you wanted to know?
Probably is....

However maybe you can help him find the Cheese-head - Bratwurst section of Greensboro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2006, 02:57 PM

1,261 posts, read 3,895,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhogan10010
Probably is....

However maybe you can help him find the Cheese-head - Bratwurst section of Greensboro
Where would that be? Northwest Greensboro? You can't tell a Yankee just by their skin color. lol

Old 08-10-2006, 03:50 PM

20 posts, read 59,853 times
Talking Finally an honest answer

Thanks, but no thanks. I didn't know there were more 'blacks than whites' in Greensboro, but thanks for that information. What I'm looking for is the locations of where the different race groups live within the city. Like is there an abundance blacks on the north side, and Mexicans in the central city, whites south of the city...where do people reside? I understand that it's probably a mixed community like here in Milwaukee, but I also know that there has to be areas that are somewhat less inclusive to all races.

But thank you very much Niki, that answer is greatly appreciated.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:53 PM

Mhogan and Niki I'd take offense to that if I was a bonafide Cheesehead!! Thanks

Old 08-10-2006, 05:17 PM

463 posts, read 1,518,772 times
Cansbigsis22 wrote (in part):

Thanks, but no thanks. I didn't know there were more 'blacks than whites' in Greensboro, but thanks for that information. >>>>
==========
Hi again,

Please read re-read Nicki's post. That isn't what she wrote.

There are also "probably" more "blue collar" Caucasians in the SE or eastern part of Greensboro ( that Nicki mentioned) than in the NW. Again factoring in how long people may have lived there and where they work.

But, you're asking a tough question because Greensboro is an area where, in my experience, people who have lived in one part for ages can't even give you good directions from one end to the other, much less the ethnic make-up in specific sections. We've encountered this repeatedly. People here tend to think locally. A 30 minute commute, for example, is anathema to many of the longterm residents.

And FYI, when someone keeps replying to the responses to their questions in a testy manner it's going to make people less inclined to try to help. Nobody is trying to hide anything. See above paragraph.

Regards,

Cassie

Last edited by Cassie; 08-10-2006 at 05:55 PM..

Old 08-10-2006, 07:10 PM

Cassie thanks for correcting me, but I think you mistook my sarcasm for testiness? I felt the need to further explain what I was asking, because maybe I worded things wrong and people just didnt understand what I was asking. I'm just inquiring about a place that I've considered relocating to. Believe you me, testy is the last thing I need to be when asking for help. I'm just grateful that someone's willing to offer information. Thanks again for your help!

Old 08-10-2006, 08:07 PM

152 posts, read 440,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cansbigsis22
Thanks, but no thanks. I didn't know there were more 'blacks than whites' in Greensboro, but thanks for that information. What I'm looking for is the locations of where the different race groups live within the city. Like is there an abundance blacks on the north side, and Mexicans in the central city, whites south of the city...where do people reside? I understand that it's probably a mixed community like here in Milwaukee, but I also know that there has to be areas that are somewhat less inclusive to all races.

Cansbibsis, sorry i'm entering this discussion very late, so I may have missed some, but have you visited/toured the Greensboro area yet? The only reason I'm asking is because when Greensboro was on our list of potential relo areas, we took a really good look around. When you visit (and i'm just assuming you haven't) it isn't that hard to tell what's what. There were parts of Greensboro that seemed very diverse and some that were very very not. Do yourself a favor, book a ticket, put the liquids in the belly, and check it out

Old 08-10-2006, 09:17 PM

Thanks so much Jackie. I can appreciate that advice, and I plan to make a trip in the very near future.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:31 PM

152 posts, read 440,983 times
Quote:
Thanks so much Jackie. I can appreciate that advice, and I plan to make a trip in the very near future.
It will be well worth it. We had the best time there and met many locals who we now consider friends. Good Luck in your travels..............

Old 08-11-2006, 12:44 AM

1,261 posts, read 3,895,925 times
Quote:
Thanks, but no thanks. I didn't know there were more 'blacks than whites' in Greensboro

No, there are more whites than blacks. I just meant that eastern Greensboro seems to have more blacks than whites.

Northwest Greensboro seems to be pre-dominantly white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point