U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2010, 07:10 PM

3 posts, read 10,088 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm 16 and have been driving with a permit for a year, so I'm going to hopefully get my license this week. I live in Clemmons and my mom wants me to do my drivers test at the Silas Creek Parkway DMV but I'd rather take the test at the DMV in Yadkinville. Every time I've been at the Silas Creek DMV it's been super busy, and I've been told the Yadkinville one is hardly ever busy. Which DMV do you think I should go to? And what does the Yadkinville test consist of? I'm pretty nervous! Oh and will they make me take the traffic signs test? My friends that already got their licenses say that they didn't have to but I just wanted to check. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 07:31 PM

2,647 posts, read 6,083,157 times
Hi Robyn!

I live in Clemmons, and I've taken both of my kids to Y-ville to get their permits and licenses. It usually is not crowded at all. If there are more than 6-8 people ahead of you it may take a while because there are only two examiners working there. But fortunately that's only happened to us once, so chances are you won't have a long wait. Another advantage is that the place you take the actual driving test has much less traffic than Silas Creek. I would definitely recommend that you go there.

I asked my son about the test, and he doesn't remember for sure but he thinks you don't have to take the signs test. But even if you do, it's a piece of cake. Relax, you'll do just fine!

Old 06-22-2010, 07:56 PM

Oh thanks! Now I just have to persuade my mom to let me go all the way out there! The only thing I'm slightly worried about is where the examiner will have me drive. I don't know the roads in Yadkinville so I'm trying to see on Google Maps where they could possibly have me drive!

Old 06-23-2010, 05:54 AM

2,657 posts, read 7,183,357 times
The sign test is part of the vision test (I just did my renewal earlier this spring). You look into a viewfinder thing and rattle off what you see. Maybe take a sanitary wipe, my viewfinder was ... errr .. crusty

Mocksville is another easy place to take the test. It's behind the Brock Performing Art Center. I interrupted an examiner reading his book when I went in to do mine. I think I must have hit on him when he was right in the middle of a good part - he quickly gave me the exam and shooed me away

Yadkinville may seem like a less congested place than Clemmons, certainly, but if you are directed to take 601, there is traffic there.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:19 PM

Well I think it's been decided that I'm doing the road test at Silas Creek. My mom doesn't want to drive all the way out to Yadkinville or Mocksville. Sooo now I'm even more nervous because no one I know has done it at Silas Creek! and the roads are busy around there. Has anyone here done it at Silas Creek and want to give me any advice??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point