U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2010, 12:18 PM

13 posts, read 18,207 times

Advertisements

We've been comparing job offers and different areas/states for about 3 months now, and I finally signed a deal in Greensboro yesterday. We are looking for a 4br house to rent, but not exactly sure what area we should be looking in. I'll be working on West Wendover, but there is also a chance I'll be swapping to the Winston-Salem location in a year or so, so I figured somewhere between the 2. I'd like no more than a 20 minute drive to work, in a preferably rural area. Great schools (mostly high school) are a must.

Is there any big property management places that might be able to help find a house?

Can anyone recommend a reputable moving company?

We're planning on driving down next weekend to find a house, and then moving on July, 30th.

Thanks so much in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 12:34 PM

36 posts, read 148,494 times
Default Home rental

Hi and welcome to Greensboro. Home rentals can be found with any reputable real estate agency in town. We live in the Northern Shores developement in Lake Jeanette. I can tell you that this is a beautiful, quiet area with lakes, tennis, swim club ect. I have older children, but my niece does go to a private high school in town called Greensboro Day School and it is a wonderful school, although pricey. There have been a few homes for rent that I've seen lately-I think you'll have a wide choice. Good luck in your search!!

Old 07-04-2010, 12:58 PM

36 posts, read 148,494 times
I also sent you a private message

Old 07-05-2010, 08:41 PM

Thanks!

Probably not gonna be able to swing a good private school until we get our house sold here...anyone know the best public high school? How is the Kernersville area?

Old 07-09-2010, 08:43 PM

61 posts, read 149,469 times
Kernersville is nice, but would probably be pushing your 20 minute commute max. And I don't know if I would necessary describe Kernersville as rural. More a bedroom community between Winston and Greensboro.

What do you mean by rural?

As for moving companies, I've always heard positive things about Two Men and a Truck.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:10 AM

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, it isn't exactly what I wanted, but it doesn't seem like what I want exists. We came down last weekend and stayed in Kville for the weekend, and liked it enough. Ended up putting an offer in on a house on the outskirts of WS.

Anyone know anything about the "beltway proposal"? They say this house we want is in that area. We don't particularly care if we have to sell then, but it seems kinda like it may never happen.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:34 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,104,088 times
We were pleased with Two Men and a Truck when we moved out of our last home in Greenville, NC and put stuff in storage in Wake Forest. We plan to use them again to move out of the storage unit to wherever we land in the Triad. So my only experience with them is for local (in-state) moves; it's a different market for interstate moves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point