Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 03:19 PM

30 posts, read 98,196 times

Advertisements

I was wondering how Winston Salem is handling the economic downturn that is effecting some areas more then others. Housing, jobs etc> I have heard that Raliegh is actually doing better then most but was curious about Winston Salem. I used to live in Charlotte and am thinking of moving back to NC and considering Winston Salem. Also what is the culture like there as in things to do etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 04:38 PM

201 posts, read 594,211 times
Real estate is not doing so great. They say jobs are bad but all the restaurants stay packed so I guess everyone has enough money to eat out.

W/S is a sleepy town compared to Charlotte. Not much nightlife and lots of family run businesses that aren't open on Sunday. I love it here but some find it boring. We seem to have decent cultural arts venues downtown and a very nice mall.

I think you should definitely line up a job first.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:45 PM

My company fortunately has a office there it is just a matter of moving my stuff in my office here to there.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:46 PM

I havent heard about the neighborhoods as far as friendliness. In Charlotte the kids would play outside with the neighbors all the time and everyone new their neighbors. Where I am at not people pretty much keep to themselves. Nice people just isolated.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:54 AM

201 posts, read 594,211 times
Well that is good you have a job. I live in a neighborhood where everyone keeps to themselves but my nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile. I live in a quite rural area of N. Davidson County. It depends on neighborhood. What side of town are you looking to move to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point