Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 12:07 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
First of all, I am being judgmental, but GET THAT DOG FIXED. Why on earth isn't he neutered???? That's a big deal.
A-
FRIGGING-
MEN

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 10:56 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
We live on 11.26 acres w/creek, of which 2.5 acres are cleared out of the middle. Our driveway winds so you can not see the house from the road. We also have 2 German Shepherd Dogs and 1 genuine rescue mutt puppy. Our back yard is fenced, about an acre. If our dogs are not inside or inside the fence, they are on a leash or inside my truck, they do like going for rides.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:49 PM

767 posts, read 1,743,562 times
For some reason, when I read the OP I thought the question was "does my neighbor have a legal right to shoot my dog?"

If that's the question, the OP may want to click on the below link:
North Carolina General Assembly - General Statutes - Chapter 19A: Protection of Animals.

What? What's that you say? Too lazy to do some reading? If so, you may want to get some pro bono legal counsel.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:54 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,158,318 times
^ I'm probably as lazy as the next guy, but I did read what you linked. It doesn't really answer the question, though. Yes, the statute prohibits harming animals. But there are other statutes that allow one to defend themselves if threatened. So despite the statute you linked, one does have a legal right to shoot a dog in certain circumstances.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,800 times
Two days ago a pit was loose and came into my yard tried attacking my dog. And then ran after me growling and barking i never ran so fast inside. I almost didnt make it. Thank god my daughter whom is two wasnt outside only because i made her put the blanket she was trying to bring outside back in. In my head i keep replaying the what ifs i am getting a hand gun and am fencing in my front yard i own a lab and st bernard and my lab got out a few times so i built a taller fence. I love animals n rescue animals but i will be prepared next time too shoot a pit or aggressive dog. Because by time animal control came idk where the pit went.kids play outside along with my two yr old.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:10 PM

700 posts, read 1,646,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manda1234 View Post
Two days ago a pit was loose and came into my yard tried attacking my dog. And then ran after me growling and barking i never ran so fast inside. I almost didnt make it. Thank god my daughter whom is two wasnt outside only because i made her put the blanket she was trying to bring outside back in. In my head i keep replaying the what ifs i am getting a hand gun and am fencing in my front yard i own a lab and st bernard and my lab got out a few times so i built a taller fence. I love animals n rescue animals but i will be prepared next time too shoot a pit or aggressive dog. Because by time animal control came idk where the pit went.kids play outside along with my two yr old.
44 to the skull is the answer.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:11 PM

11 posts, read 19,637 times
I have chows. I would die for them. If someone harmed my chow or shot them and they did nothing wrong just because they were a chow. That person would be shot and I would be in jail. End of story.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:17 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt chill View Post
Oh and Pit Bulls??? Please, why would anyone want one??
I often wonder the very same thing about kids.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:07 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
the ignorance in this thread is amazing....

Pitbulls are crossbred dogs with great dispositions. They make great family dogs. But, of course, people who have never owned one, been around one, or cared to be, let folklore and tall tales shape their perception.

The things people do to train their dogs to "fight" like hanging them from a rope when they latch on to train their jaws to lock and other aggressive methods, inbreeding, steroids etc etc. yes, THOSE things will make ANY dog psycho.

Chihuahuas and Cocker Spaniels are some of the meanest dogs I have ever seen.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:59 PM

700 posts, read 1,646,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbuggin View Post
I have chows. I would die for them. If someone harmed my chow or shot them and they did nothing wrong just because they were a chow. That person would be shot and I would be in jail. End of story.
Understand the breed as my father raised them years ago. Chows by nature can be aggressive. The are very one person/family protective. They do not just attack unprovoked (but there are cases) But, aggressive. Pet owners need to understand the history of the breed of dog that get. You cannot erase what the breed is breed for. But, just to shot a dog that you fear is wrong. Shooting so owners might be a good idea. But, it is easier to justify killing a dog in self-defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
View detailed profiles of: