U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 05:26 PM

3 posts, read 5,072 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My wife and I are looking to relocate to the Triad area and open a chiropractic wellness center. It will be family-oriented and will offer nutritional and detox protocols as well for our patients.

We are both in our mid 20's and are not quite ready to start a family so we would like a place with a good downtown scene and a diverse arts scene (arts, theater, music).

Business-wise, we are looking for areas mainly with new growth and younger families. We also would like to be close to a mall that sees good amounts of traffic.

Greensboro ranks top on our list right now, but we are unfamiliar with where the newer developments are and areas around the Triad. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 06:17 AM

4 posts, read 6,628 times
As you know, the Triad is composed of Winston-Salem, Greensboro and High Point. They all have at least one mall, but I'd immediately strike High Point from the list because it has no downtown scene and its Oak Hollow Mall is fledgling and barely sees traffic. Winston has one mall (Hanes Mall) and GSO has two (Friendly Center, and Four Seasons).

Both Winston and Greensboro have 1st Fridays with galleries showcasing the work of local artists. From what I hear, Winston is more where artsy, and GSO gets more touring bands. GSO is where you want to be if you're single and looking (Winston has Wake and the serious med students who don't go out, haha, and GSO has Guilford College, UNC-G). Winston is closer to the mountains (Pilot Mountain, Asheville) and has lower taxes. GSO is closer to the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) and the beach (Myrtle Beach, Wilmington). GSO also has the airport. Both have their fair share of good restaurants.

The city of Kernersville is right smack in the middle of the Triad. While it doesn't have a mall, an arts scene or a music scene, it's close to everything. It's considered up-and-coming by Triad locals because it has grown a lot in the past decade, while still maintaining a small town feel. It's very family-oriented, without being Pleasantville-ish. The best thing about living in Kernersville is that we can drive 15 mins to Greensboro one day, and 15 mins to Winston the next day.

The two cities you speak of are only 30 minutes away from each other, and who knows, eventually, they may grow into one city (kind of like Winston and Salem). I suggest you come to the area and check them both out. Good luck with your decision!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point