U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2007, 10:55 PM

28 posts, read 196,565 times

Advertisements

My husband & I are living in Winston-Salem for the summer (we are from Idaho) & looking for things to do in the area. We are young, mid-20's. Also, any quick weekend trips, restaurants, anything would be so helpful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 03:27 PM

22 posts, read 131,122 times
Well not sure what type of fun you are looking for really. You could always go to Grandfather Mountain - Carowinds - Emerald Pointe. Those are always fun! Not real sure what it is you are interested in. But those are just a few.

Kelly

Old 06-25-2007, 03:46 PM

222 posts, read 849,262 times
I recommend checking out tripadvisor.com for information. Look in the NC forums.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:33 PM

5 posts, read 17,875 times
i am also in my mid-20s and moved to gboro in highschool from seattle, wa (so i understand your lack of not having things to do)....a few suggestions

1) go to chapel hill for the day/night (they have good nightlife) and a lot more cultural type stores/shops
2) downtown raleigh also good nightlife
3) go down to wilmington, nc to the beach--tends to be younger people
4) grandfather mt. for hiking is good-also rafting trips around the mountain areas for outdoor things
5)asheville is also really nice for outdoor type things

hope this helps....ive been to idaho before and had a wonderful time! p.s. good luck dealing with our humidity

Old 06-26-2007, 03:11 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,600,696 times
I feel for the original poster noone above mention anything local to do about all the suggestions was to go out of town except for emerald pointe. I would get the impression there is limited amount of things for someone visiting to do.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:35 PM

222 posts, read 849,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I feel for the original poster noone above mention anything local to do about all the suggestions was to go out of town except for emerald pointe. I would get the impression there is limited amount of things for someone visiting to do.
My impression was they were looking for out-of-town things to do-i.e. quick weekend trips.

Old Salem, Bethabara, Pilot Mtn, Mt Airy, Boone, Blowing Rock, Blue Ridge Parkway, NC Zoo, Raleigh museums, etc are either in WS or easy day drive.

Did OP want local or out of town restaurants?
I stand by my prior recommendation for information.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:53 PM

28 posts, read 196,565 times
Thanks for the info! I haven't been on for awhile....

We like visiting local restaurants. Any suggestions? BBQ joints?

Old 07-04-2007, 12:51 PM

72 posts, read 291,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinfromidaho View Post
Thanks for the info! I haven't been on for awhile....

We like visiting local restaurants. Any suggestions? BBQ joints?
If you want the best Steaks around there is a brand new very nice big restaurant just built in Advance on the Forsyth county/Davie County line called Saratoga Steakhouse TRUE AGED STEAKS and Fresh seafood dishes.

They are the same people of the famous Putters Steakhouse, they changed names and location to this brand new state of the art facility they just built in Advance 5 minutes from the Winston-Salem/Clemmons area.

They have a website for Saratoga Steakhouse in Advance, NC google it.

Best steaks and good food around by far... These people have a great reputation around here. PM me and I'll hook you up with the manager there so you can get in fast, they usually have a long wait time.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:45 AM

26 posts, read 94,396 times
Lexington just about 25 miles south of W-S has all kinds of barbeque places. If you go the the Lexington Chamber of Commerce they have a complete list of BBQ places. Unfortunately, they are not listed on their web site. Do Internet search for Lexington NC BBQ - it comes up with a bunch of places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point