U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:59 AM

222 posts, read 849,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedwards View Post
I have also been trying to find a legal job in the area for over a year. There does not seem to be any out there! I can't even get a reply from an agency and I have submitted my resume repeatedly. I have 21 years of experience as a legal secretary/paralegal. I would take any kind of admin or executive assistant job. Can't find those either. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can look next? We want to move to the Pilot Mountain, Mt. Airy area. Have been to visit many times and just love it and the people. Any help would be appreciated!
Job prospects are poor in Mt. Airy I'm sorry to say. We were there Saturday and were asking about jobs. We were told they are drying up and so many are unemployed. It's not really different there than most of NC. Unless you're looking at Raleigh or Charlotte, it's slim pickings overall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 08:46 AM

6 posts, read 19,364 times
Oh, I have no expectations of finding a job in Mt. Airy, just would like to live in that area. I don't miind a commute into the city. I would just like to find a job in Winston Salem, but so far, no luck.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:31 AM

19 posts, read 52,508 times
Default Job Info

WE ARE PLANNING TO RELOCATE TO THE GREENSBORO OR WINSTON SALEM -AREA---UNKNOWN EXACTLY WHERE AT THIS MOMENT-- EVERYONE'S COMMENTS REALLY HELP. WE HAVE APPLIED TO MANY JOBS THAT WE FOUND THROUGH THIS WEBSITE: State Jobs

GOOD LUCK.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:03 AM

6 posts, read 14,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkcruise View Post
It is nice to know about the change you made. Actually doing jobs all these years does not provide any financial and time freedom. As you say even real estate has slowed down. It is kind of required to have a permanent source of income and happiness. May be i can share some details with you if you are serious about it of time.

Good luck

You may like to visit Quest.net and then send provide any feedback.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:05 AM

You may like to visit Quest.net

Old 09-05-2007, 12:50 PM

273 posts, read 851,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedwards View Post
I have also been trying to find a legal job in the area for over a year. There does not seem to be any out there! I can't even get a reply from an agency and I have submitted my resume repeatedly. I have 21 years of experience as a legal secretary/paralegal. I would take any kind of admin or executive assistant job. Can't find those either. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can look next? We want to move to the Pilot Mountain, Mt. Airy area. Have been to visit many times and just love it and the people. Any help would be appreciated!

If you're looking in Winston Salem, have you tried the bigger firms? Womble Carlyle, Kilpatrick Stockton, Constangy Brooks... Or even a consulting/outsourcing firm like Ikon, Firm Logic...? Just some possibilities.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:08 AM

23 posts, read 58,192 times
I glade to know it was not just our bad luck .We came here summer 2006 for a pt church related job a dn hope to find a full time job .We ware empity nester starting over. Well Not a great area to try that .My hd has excellent ref. 25+yr in office adm. .Working with Mentral health , along with strong com****r skills. AA degree. Well we would have been happy with fast food any thing !!!He signed up with temp agen. From wake forest to green boro all in beteween . only one or two call evey came thur / He called each office weekly! Sened out over 200 resume. 5-6 job fairs . After a year we now have 7.00 hr job. no benfits! But we have no way to relocal. Why I have been told many reason But I do feel it is because of the undoc.worker. I would never tell some one to relocal here with out full time job!

Old 09-21-2007, 12:22 PM

92 posts, read 267,193 times
I really wish I'd found this before I signed my lease in May...now i'm living the same story that everyone who's posted to this thread is living. I really do love the area, and I do know that it's experiencing a growth spurt (of some sort), but I honestly believe that some companies/corporations may not be too keen on accepting 'the outsiders' aka anyone not originally from North Carolina.

I've seen positions in areas/fields that have been vacant/open for months (if not a year now), and so I apply for what I know I'm qualified for. After spending the few dollars that I do have left going to interviews and presenting my best self, I often go to bed at night feeling like a sea lion being tossed about by two killer whales. Wondering who's gonna smile and make me feel like I'm going to be a part of the team, only to kill my hope by sending a rejection letter and telling me thanks for allowing us to use you as interview practice.

Maybe it's not as bad as I think it is.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:34 PM

In case you are seriously looking for a legal income and inclined to change your self for the better, do contact me on vkkaul@gmail.com

Old 10-01-2007, 03:48 PM

222 posts, read 849,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest_transplant07 View Post
I really wish I'd found this before I signed my lease in May...now i'm living the same story that everyone who's posted to this thread is living. I really do love the area, and I do know that it's experiencing a growth spurt (of some sort), but I honestly believe that some companies/corporations may not be too keen on accepting 'the outsiders' aka anyone not originally from North Carolina.

I've seen positions in areas/fields that have been vacant/open for months (if not a year now), and so I apply for what I know I'm qualified for. After spending the few dollars that I do have left going to interviews and presenting my best self, I often go to bed at night feeling like a sea lion being tossed about by two killer whales. Wondering who's gonna smile and make me feel like I'm going to be a part of the team, only to kill my hope by sending a rejection letter and telling me thanks for allowing us to use you as interview practice.

Maybe it's not as bad as I think it is.
Honey, it's not just outsiders. Insiders are in the same boat. At least you're getting interviews! I know of a job that has been posted for months and know of a person that has applied for that job with the exact qualifications requested. No call for interview and that job is still posted months later. I think something fishy is going on somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point