U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2007, 09:59 AM
rgb rgb started this thread

1 posts, read 5,852 times

Advertisements

I am coming from Texas where some of the communities are gated, meaning only residents can enter the neighborhood. Is this common in the Triad? If so what neighborhoods are gated?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 10:42 AM

902 posts, read 3,216,854 times
I don't think it is very common anywhere in the Guilford County area. My guess would be some of the newer communities on the north side (Brown Summit area) of Guilford County, or out around Oak Ridge area.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:32 PM

75 posts, read 356,856 times
They are not all that common, but you can find some if you google for them.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:14 AM
JJM

61 posts, read 216,880 times
The Tarrant Road area off West Wendover area has several gated communities. Some are condos, cluster homes and also single family homes. Personally, I don't care for them and don't feel that they are necessary. We feel as safe as anyone can in today's world in a single family neighborhood.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:22 AM

72 posts, read 291,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb View Post
I am coming from Texas where some of the communities are gated, meaning only residents can enter the neighborhood. Is this common in the Triad? If so what neighborhoods are gated?

Thanks
Bermuda Run.
It is right on the Clemmons/Winston-Salem border.
They went from a gated community and incorporated to a gated township.

Town of Bermuda Run

Bermuda Run, North Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-07-2007, 02:37 PM

22 posts, read 78,797 times
Bermuda Run also has 2 really nice golf courses if you like golf. There are 2 different developments. The older section was developed in the 70's. Bermuda Run West is still under development.
Bermuda Run West - The Golf Community - North Carolina (http://www.bermudarunwest.com/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point