U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2007, 04:47 PM

29 posts, read 101,085 times

Advertisements

I would love to hear about the Lexington area. There seem to be some nice homes in the area( low to mid 200's) with good sized lots. Schools are not an issue.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 06:40 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,581,142 times
Hi, I notice from your previous posts that you are looking for country setting and Davidson County (County Lexington is located) would fit your bill. The county is mostly rural and if your looking to be really close to winston salem I would focus on homes in Arcadia, Midway and Welcome.
From Downtown Lexington you can get to Winston within 20 minutes.

Lexington could be a great bedroom community that is kinda of a good kept secret. Definite lot of nice homes on nice size lots.
The downtown needs some love but it due to it long term industry has gone overseas for production which was furniture. There are a few cute shops in the downtown. Also some beautiful 20's homes in the downtown.

The people there are very friendly and great place you can get to know your neighbor.
A great place to watch the birds, squirrels or gaze at the blooms of a magnolia tree.

It in a good location to venture to other cities greensboro within 30 minutes and charlotte is within hour.

You probably are going cross alot of listings that have lexington address in that county but the homes are located in the country side due to home is in unincorporated area so a lexington postal address was assigned to them.

It definite a buyer market in that county so make sure you wheel and deal on closing costs etc.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:43 PM

222 posts, read 848,988 times
I live in northern Davidson county, work in Lexington and it will take you more like 30 minutes to get into Winston Salem from downtown Lexington.

Lexington is a small town that is suffering economically. Not much shopping unless you like SuperWalMart. Most people shop in Winston Salem but Greensboro and even Charlotte is within an hour or so drive. The city schools are not as good as county schools in case schools do become an issue. Some arts are available - there is a gallery and an active children's theatre.

There are a lot of families from other areas that transplanted to northern Davidson county, but real estate is more expensive here than Lexington. The county commissioners don't see the northern part of the county as something they want to deal with--they just see us as part of Winston Salem. Midway did incorporate so they will not be annexed into WS if that time comes.

Don't know if that's what you wanted, but hope it helps.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:23 AM

26 posts, read 94,380 times
Davidson County is a lovely area with many things to do - see below.

Lexington is depressed because of the furniture industry leaving but Winston-Salem is about 20-30 minutes from Lexington.

I live in Davidson county and love the area, the people and the low taxes.

230-mile canoe trail on the Yadkin Pee Dee River with easy access in Davidson County.
Lexington is the self named Barbecue Capital of the World. The Lexington Barbecue Festival is held in late October.
Uwharrie Mountains pass through the southeast tip of Davidson County, great for hiking.
Home to Mrs. Hanes Moravian Cookie Factory - Homemade and hand rolled thin cookies.
At the crossroads of Highway 64 and 52 is the Childress Vineyard and Winery which has daily wine tastings.
A group of upscale specialty stores are next to the Childress Vineyards.
Lexington is home to Bob Timberlake a painter of rural landscapes and Furniture Designer, whose gallery is a country store, museum and furniture showroom all in beautiful lodge-like home.
High Rock Lake offers swimming, boating and have hosted the Bassmaster Classic.

Good Luck.
Aim for that hole-in-one at the Lexington Municipal Golf Course.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:17 PM

29 posts, read 101,085 times
Thanks for all of the feedback!! I've visited the Childress Vineyards and I would highly reccomend lunch out on the veranda! They also have a nice gift shop.
Lexington sounds great!

Thanks again!

Old 07-10-2007, 07:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,655 times
travel a bit further north to wilkesboro, old town, but upand comingin antiques, where you will find the english cottage, run by ex -pat angela gambill who will be delighted to serve tea amangst her interesting merchandise.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,581,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want-to-be in NC View Post
Thanks for all of the feedback!! I've visited the Childress Vineyards and I would highly reccomend lunch out on the veranda! They also have a nice gift shop.
Lexington sounds great!

Thanks again!
That sounds cool Im glad you enjoyed it. If you do choose lexington stop at the square at Conrad Hinkles a little grocery store still in original style and format least for last 50 years I do not know when they open for buisness.

Original flooring and tin ceilings and they cut your meat the way you like it. And my favorite is the pimento cheese. http://www.uptownlexington.com/trails/heritagewalk.pdf

Lexington is a place that time has forgot and that can be a good thing or bad thing depending on the individual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point