Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 11:22 PM

799 posts, read 3,225,931 times

Advertisements

Malinda, nice of you to let us know the floorplans are online. This must be a fairly recent development. We haven't even been in the area a full year yet and I was told by the salespeople on more than one occasion and at more than one location that Schumacher would expressly *not* let employees give out printed floorplans except in the case of a signed contract, and then more detailed plans would be given to the buyer, of course.

Also, before we moved to the area, I had contacted Schumacher and was given a mailed envelope of information, but never a single floorplan.

I am however very, very happy to see that Schumacher has finally decided to catch up and post their floorplans online at least. Can you verify that potential customers can now go to said developments and received printouts or flyers of the floorplans they're interested in (for example, Reedy Fork)?

Thank you for your help! And thank you very much for chiming in and bringing the information to light!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 3,660 times
amen sister
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinda Mayne View Post
Hi,
I work for Schumacher Homes and know them to be a reputable company. I visited this site because a customer told me about it. I see that there is some misinformation and wanted to address it.

The plans are are online, so you can print any of them off.They do not give out builder's sets. Nothing dishonest there.

Schumacher Homes does not build spec homes, or neighborhoods. They strictly build on the homeowner's lot. The development you are referring to, must have hired Schumacher to build their homes for them. Developer's often do that and find the experience to be a good one.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:46 AM

2 posts, read 6,824 times
Default Shugart Homes and HOA-Home owners Associations

I currently live in a home built by Shugart Enterprises in 2006. Our neighborhood is having trouble with Mr. Shugart turning the HOA over to the property owners. This neighborhood has been in existence since 2005. We have never had a HOA meeting. We were also told that 1 year after the first house was occupied that Shugart would meet with all residents...this never happened. We were told that once 75% of the lots were sold...the HOA would be turned over..this never happened. Members of the neighborhood have contacted our mangagement company several times for answers and they are not very helpful. It took 4 years before we ever recieved the first itemized statement of where dues are going each year. Its now 2010 and we still have not had a meeting nor has Shugart made any mention of turning the neighborhood over to the properties owners so that we can form the board. I get a letter in the mail the other day and now they want to raise our yearly dues....imagine that. Again, no real explanation why. One of community members raised this question to the property management company to pass along to Mr. Shugart...again...no response. The email is as follows:

"I am citing Section 8.4 of the Covenants and Restrictions for our community and insisting on a retraction of the $10 increase in HOA dues. Section 8.4 states: "Until the first annual Meeting of the members and the adoption of a budget, the maximum annual assessment for a Class A member shall be $120 per lot."
The covenants also defines me as a member. I have never
been, nor has anyone else in this neighborhood been invited to a
Homeowners meeting, nor have we ever had any part in adopting a
budget. You indicated that the board at Shugart made this
decision to raise the dues. As I see things, they no longer run the
show anyway. More than 75% of the houses are sold now, so Shugart is
reduced to a class A voter with 1 vote per lot instead of 3. I think
Shugart may need to be reminded of that fact."

So my question to you guys....Are there other Shugart built neighborhoods in the triad area who are having this problem or have had this problem. Can you please give me any advice on what we as a neighborhood can do? Its obvious that Mr. Shugart is not abiding by HOA rules. He will not contact us to address this matter.
Thank you
Concerned 27284

Old 12-10-2010, 06:34 AM

2 posts, read 6,824 times
I am slowly finding this out. We were told that one of the reasons our dues are increasing is lack of payment by most homeowners. Well my thoughts are this...we have an attorney that we pay to take care of this. Go after them....dont punish the ones who do pay by increasing their dues. Also, if we had a meeting and homeowners can see what their dues are being used for...they might actually pay them. I have been told by a few homeowners who do not pay their dues that they see no reason to pay...because they feel like their money is going into someones pocket and not into the neighborhood.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,131 times
Hello concerned: I just found this post as I was seeking almost the exact same information. We live in a Shugart neighborhood (Rivergate in Clemmons) and we have a non-existent HOA. We have a lot of problems in the neighborhood because of Shugart and the fact they have no real HOA even though it is part of our purchase agreement and we have to pay annual dues--dues which went up last year! If we hadn't made sure to buy a house with a HOA I wouldn't care but I do. We bought new construction with covenants for a reason, but as it turns out it was for no reason. Examples: rules say no satallite dishes showing from streets--there are LOTS that do! Rules say you have to keep your yard looking nice and mowed--lots of them have weeds growing up to your backside! Rules say do not park on the streets--lots of people park on the streets all the time! Rules say you have to get approval from HOA before you add onto the house including door paint--lots of people have added storm doors, painted a differenct color, and built fences that are not the approved type but nothing was done about it! Yes we are into the nice similiar look of houses, we don't like a bunch of different types of looks in one are--again why we chose to purchase in an area with a HOA. Meetings you say? Never happens. We've lived here going on 5 years and we have never had one. We've never been sent anything that says where the money goes or been given a budget. We were promised a playground would be built within 2 years of moving here but it was never done--my kids will be too old for one by the time it happes, if it happens.

Sorry I am rambling but we are very frustrated. We don't know how to reach the HOA and the sales office here says they can't help you. Don't trust Prudential who sells the houses here! Also don't trust Shugart, they don't return your calls. and it's not because I'm a pain they never returned ANY so it's not like I got a chance for them to see me as someone you don't call back. I think it's because the sale is made so they wash their hands of it.

By the way buy an existing house instead of a new one in this neighborhood. You're sure to get a better deal and you can trust the owner and your agent way better as long as they're not from Prudential.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:57 PM

700 posts, read 1,645,815 times
I would think if everyone would go to their office. It is just down the road off Jonestown. Set an appointment with him.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:08 AM

138 posts, read 418,801 times
Just to give a little perspective and be fair, I used to live in a Shugart home in High Point. We were less than impressed with the quality and construction of the home, but we were very satisfied with the administration of the HOA. I would never recommend a Shugart home, far from it actually, but maybe in this case the problem isn't with Shugart but is instead with the management company that is administrating the HOA?

Old 10-19-2011, 06:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,326 times
Interesting...I just went on the Better Business Bureau website and Shugart has an A-plus rating and ZERO complaints over the last 3 years...something doesn't add up here.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:18 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller65 View Post
Interesting...I just went on the Better Business Bureau website and Shugart has an A-plus rating and ZERO complaints over the last 3 years...something doesn't add up here.
The BBB doesn't add up; additionally unless the BBB was informed they would not have it on record.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:13 AM

700 posts, read 1,645,815 times
It is called under the table payment. They have a friend on the inside. If people would stop buying their trash there would be no problems. Get ready for a few more to go up beside them. DH Horton and Wade Jurney build some (what I call) The 30 day turd. They can build a home ground up ready for move in in 30 days. I have walked though a couple before drywall and the framing (most prefab) is out of square. Wood has been basted apart with the air gun nailers that have the pressure turned way up. And people want to know why structures do not last as they did in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point