U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2007, 10:58 AM

23 posts, read 64,074 times

Advertisements

My whole family will be moving in about a year and we are looking at the Greensboro area. I'm caucasian, my husband is Latin as is my son and his family. My daughter has an inter-racial marriage with 2 caucasian children and one black child. Will there be acceptance there or is there a better area close by?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 11:11 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,627,554 times
I think people have a misconception of the south. There is no segreated metro town in North Carolina, and most metro towns are diverse only thing seperates people is their economics. You will be fine in Greensboro.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:49 PM

143 posts, read 443,823 times
I've found this part of the South to be more integrated than the Northeast, truth be told. Most of the areas here overall are much more diverse and range over a wider span of the economic ladder.

I don't think that you would have a problem.

My 0.02

Old 07-18-2007, 01:34 PM

5 posts, read 13,598 times
I moved here from New Jersey three years ago, and while I'm not a fan of Greensboro overall (planning to leave ASAP), I can say that you won't have many problems. I know (and see) far more interracial couples down here than I ever saw up North. It's not a big issue in Greensboro.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:42 PM

37 posts, read 253,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSO/Jersey View Post
I moved here from New Jersey three years ago, and while I'm not a fan of Greensboro overall (planning to leave ASAP), I can say that you won't have many problems. I know (and see) far more interracial couples down here than I ever saw up North. It's not a big issue in Greensboro.
Why dont you like it?

Old 07-18-2007, 01:54 PM

5 posts, read 13,598 times
Nothing against the people, it's just the location and the layout. I'd rather be near the mountains or the sea, and I find it a bit too sparse - I'm used to a denser type of city. I have a lot of friends here, at least.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:55 PM

37 posts, read 253,556 times
Quote:
Nothing against the people, it's just the location and the layout. I'd rather be near the mountains or the sea, and I find it a bit too sparse - I'm used to a denser type of city. I have a lot of friends here, at least.
What bought you here?

Old 07-18-2007, 03:16 PM

23 posts, read 64,074 times
Thank you all so much! I feel a heck of a lot more comfortable knowing this. When we get ready to go looking I'll be sure to get pointers from all of you. I will be so glad to get out of South Florida you just can't imagine.!!!

Old 07-18-2007, 03:21 PM

72 posts, read 291,759 times
Quote:
when I first moved here from NYC, I moved to Greensboro, I did not like it either. I moved to the Winston Salem area and fell in love with it here in this area. Now I'll never look or turn back. I keep trying to tell other northerners from the NYC/NJ area not to relocate there. I hate the layout of that area.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:29 PM

1,261 posts, read 3,898,380 times
Different strokes for different folks. We looked around Winston and didn't like it as much as Greensboro. I've loved living here for the better part of the past 16 years.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point