U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2011, 05:39 PM

109 posts, read 462,715 times

Advertisements

Family moving from Tampa, Florida to Asheboro due to a new job. We have 2 children 4 mo. and 3 years. Rented a house on Charles Avenue. I have a couple of questions for people who relocated/live there too:
- what do you think about crime situation in this particular area,
- who are some good pediatricians nearby;
- what is the difference in property taxes? I know NC has property taxes on cars, and FL not, is there more?
Also, how hard was it to acclimatize in NC after FL? I really love the ocean and warmth, beaches and flowers all year round, was it possible for tropical lovers to make NC their home forever?
- is it a retired community mostly?
Thank you for all you answers, I really need some support and reassurance now.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:20 PM

257 posts, read 531,696 times
I am researching towns in NC for my folks to relocate to...along with me = )

I found Asheboro and it looks great from google and sounds good from city data......hope some more folks post to this.

It seems far enough from Greensboro to not get over run with cookie cutter housing in the near future......but close enough if you need something or maybe even a job towards Greensboro.