U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 05:19 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,309,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
"There's nothing to do" threads mystify me. Who the hell has all this time to get bored? And what is it that people are looking to do, exactly?
They want someone to hold their hand and take them to it. If it's not glaring on a marquee, in neon, or advertised on a 3000ft outdoor screen they are lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 12:18 AM

823 posts, read 1,018,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post

Another thing that is a good indicator of whether an area has a healthy number of high-end buyers is high-end vehicle dealerships in the area. If an area does not have 'individual' high-end dealerships for Rolls-Royce, Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Porsche, etc. then it's a good indicator that the locals cannot support high-end stores in the area. And for what it's worth, Foreign Cars Italia in G'boro, which specilizes mostly in pre-owned high-end vehicles, is the kind of outfit that caters to an area with very few high-end buyers.
Hmmm, Oh really?'

Well for instance, Right now. I'm looking at Ferrari of Beverly hills, And in the inventory right now it says there are no New Vehicles, only 19 preowned Ferrari Approved cars. Infact most have over 3.000 miles on the odometer. With no later 2013-2014 model years.

I go to greensboro.

It's exactly the same, Except two new Fresh from factory 458 spyder's and an FF, So what you said just made no sense,at all.

Having all these official Exotic dealers In Greensboro, Impresses ALOT of people. Which in turn brings in alot of tourist.
Thus gives Greensboro a very high end city vibe. Bucolic, at Best describes a small town like Thomasville or Lexington.

And since they are all here, rather then charlotte or raliegh. Albeit Charlotte does have an FCI, though it's only a subdivision of the main dealer of Greensboro, and has very limited space. Same for Lamborghini carolinas, which has a very small subdivision in Concord named Carolina Automotive Sports.

But back to your statement, the only place i could find with an entirely new inventory, was Italy, Modena.

I checked ALL of the Major US city Ferrari Dealers, And ALL of them had a preowned>new car percentage, majority being 95%>05%.

As for "individual" dealers. Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin, Porsche, Lamborghini. Are all seen as Official respective dealers on they're respective marks main webpages. None are seen as anything else.

On Ferrari.com, Greensboro Shows up in the list of "Official US Ferrari Dealers made certified by Ferrari." the same is said for the other exotic mark dealers.

As for seeing luxury and supercars out driving in Greensboro, yes i have, Alot of them, Not as many as say, My 2 week visit to LA,But yes, they are here, And yes, with "North carolina" plates. But You my friend, come off as very egocentric and snobby from your posts.
Lamborghini LP560 Gallardo Cruising on wendover.

Point is, your latter post said" you won't find Ferrari, Lamborghini,Porsche and so on dealerships in the triad" when in reality you will.

I do grant you this though, you got a chuckle out of me.

Last edited by GSOCitizen; 09-12-2013 at 12:42 AM..

Old 09-15-2013, 02:39 PM

21,190 posts, read 30,372,337 times
I don't get this thread at all. Winston Salem and Greensboro both have more than adequate shopping with "trophy retailers" like Anthropologie, The Apple Store, JCrew, Sur La Table, Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Whole Foods and Trader Joe's to name a few. There aren't more than 25-30 cities in the US who can claim most of those retailers.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I don't get this thread at all. Winston Salem and Greensboro both have more than adequate shopping with "trophy retailers" like Anthropologie, The Apple Store, JCrew, Sur La Table, Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Whole Foods and Trader Joe's to name a few. There aren't more than 25-30 cities in the US who can claim most of those retailers.
The only theory I could come up with is the OP is/was a mall rat.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:52 PM

3,116 posts, read 4,148,349 times
I suppose OP means high end stores such as Neiman Marcus, Armani, Saks, Thomas Pink, Nordstrom, Barneys New York, Michael Kors, or Bloomingdales.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I suppose OP means high end stores such as Neiman Marcus, Armani, Saks, Thomas Pink, Nordstrom, Barneys New York, Michael Kors, or Bloomingdales.
That's very possible but how many medium sized cities actually have those stores?

Old 09-17-2013, 06:30 AM

21,190 posts, read 30,372,337 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
That's very possible but how many medium sized cities actually have those stores?
There aren't any.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:29 AM

3,116 posts, read 4,148,349 times
Depends upon your definition of medium sized city.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:11 AM

7,278 posts, read 13,527,643 times
Quote:
Okay, I'll bite. What cities that could be defined as medium-sized have those stores?

Old 09-21-2013, 12:27 PM

28,497 posts, read 62,167,040 times
Quote:
Winston-Salem and Greensboro come to mind.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_population

The population density and wealth is the real issue in this... not the raw number of people.
http://www.richblockspoorblocks.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point