Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 11:01 PM

52 posts, read 183,985 times

Advertisements

Any input on this development in clemmons?Looks like the perfect location. Any info on this would be a great help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 02:05 AM

72 posts, read 313,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friars View Post
Any input on this development in clemmons?Looks like the perfect location. Any info on this would be a great help.
You will never forgive your self for buying a shugart home.
Sorry, but they are cheaply built, good starter home though, the reason they are going to get that price for those houses is because of the area, Clemmons.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:00 PM

52 posts, read 183,985 times
Thanks Ny who would you recommend for a builder in the Clemmons/Kernersville area.Thanks again

Old 10-04-2010, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 8,164 times
The location is good, but the neighborhood is not. There are supposed to be strict covenants here, and you are required to pay annually for them to be enforced, but they are not. This is a small development so the few people who allow their animals to roam free--cats and dogs alike--make for a messy living area. Nuisance dogs bark often, many people do not pick up after their pets, and cats dig in your yard and flower beds. There is a lot of parking on the streets even though that is not supposed to be allowed. Some people even park in their yards!!! It looks terrible and not what we "signed up for." The homeowner's association is almost never heard from except to send you a bill every year. People smoke and drink at the pool so it is not family friendly.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 4,684 times
Hey there! I've been looking in this neighborhood as recently as last week. It is true, I did see a lot of cars on the streets and that sort of thing. I feel like there's no point in having an HOA if they aren't doing their job. Other than what you mentioned, how has the quality of your home been? With the houses being so close together, is that bothersome? Thanks in advance!

Old 04-03-2011, 06:12 AM

700 posts, read 1,645,815 times
Try Waterford. A lot of great homes. Clemmons does has some shady builders. You can not beat the location though.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:29 PM

3 posts, read 9,265 times
To Shorty: I was just looking through this neighborhood last weekend and kept on driving! I had looked in other Shugart developments and researched the HOA rules but Rivergate in Clemmons obviously doesn't have one. Lots of the yards looked TERRIBLE with almost no grass and weeds up to your knees. There were lots of cars parked in the streets which I can't stand. It looks bad and crowded plus it is not safe. We could barely squeeze our car through a couple of areas because cars were parked on both sides of the street. we had to turn around in someone's driveway in a new area because there was no other way out. Then we got stuck because a police car was 1/2 out in the street and a sherriff's car was in a driveway 3 houses down. There were lots of little kids playing in the streets and stray dogs and cats and like 3-4 cars per house. Too crowded in the streets and yards to even notice if the houses were close together. And the two cop cars in one area felt like there must be trouble in this area.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,886 times
Completely safe neighborhood. This last posting made me laugh. There were two cop cars on the street because that's where they live. Safest place you could be in the Winston area. Very family friendly, community oriented...hence the families and kids outside. If you had trouble coming down the street because of a few cars, I am sure it was a weekend because that's when people have friends over for bbqs. Otherwise, it's a super quiet serene place. People who live here love taking evening walks because the neighborhood is situated in a country setting that is quite beautiful. The new homes have some trouble getting their lawns to grow because the soil in this area just isn't the best.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:59 AM

6 posts, read 17,311 times
how big are the lots? I have driven through and it seems like they are pretty close to one another. Decent backyard? I definitely understand thats how many new communities are.

Thanks

Old 06-25-2012, 08:19 PM

164 posts, read 357,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmons Resident View Post
Completely safe neighborhood. This last posting made me laugh. There were two cop cars on the street because that's where they live. Safest place you could be in the Winston area. Very family friendly, community oriented...hence the families and kids outside. If you had trouble coming down the street because of a few cars, I am sure it was a weekend because that's when people have friends over for bbqs. Otherwise, it's a super quiet serene place. People who live here love taking evening walks because the neighborhood is situated in a country setting that is quite beautiful. The new homes have some trouble getting their lawns to grow because the soil in this area just isn't the best.

I think old school neighborhoods like Clemmons West and Meadowbrook are nicer than River Gate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point