U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-13-2011, 03:43 PM

9 posts, read 17,081 times
Default Employment Advice/30 mile or so radius of Mocksville

Hi everyone,
My husband and I are considering moving to Mocksville. We love the area, would like a slower paced life (we live in CT currently) and love the weather.
With that said, I am very concerned about making a living in NC. My husband has been a self-employed painter for the last 30 years and he is also very handy. He has his CDL (although he would not want to do big rigs but local stuff with smaller trucks would be okay) he also has driven school bus before and we have had our own cleaning business.

I am a RN with 14 yrs experiance in critical care, radiology and IV. I do want to work but VERY part time as we have 4 children that we homeschool and I want to be home with them the majority of the time.

Any advice on what our prospects are for jobs would be much appreciated. Also hourly wages would be helpful too. In CT I make $43+ per hour plus diff but our cost of living is very very high...for example our property taxes are $6300 per year. Also any advice on nice hospitals/places to work would be great too.

Thanks,
Lori
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 10:05 PM

6 posts, read 3,517 times
We moved to Mocksville 2 years ago. We love it. I work in Mocksville but my husband works in Winston-Salem which is about 20 mins away. I love living in Mocksville and a good thing about it is that Mocksville is not far from other cities like Winston. I am not sure the distance that you consider too far to drive to work but I know alot of people that work in Greensboro and Mooresville. I love it in Mocksville. The living is slower paced, more family and community based. And the sunrises and sunsets are just purely a gift from God. Often when I am heading out to feed the horses in the morning and the sun is rising, I just stop and enjoy the beauty of another day.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:18 AM

9 posts, read 17,081 times
Thanks Cents...I think my husband is leaning towards Florida. I think I would like the Carolina's better though...)
Lori
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point