Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 04:16 PM

35 posts, read 81,084 times

Advertisements

Hi there - I am possibly relocating to the W-S area very soon, and was wondering what, if any, were some of the more popular and nicer restaurants in the overall area, such as Greensboro for instance? Double points for it being in W-S for lack of driving a ways, but I can do it if need be.

I've been prof unemployed w/MBA for quite some time, but luckily or not, I've also been in the hospitality industry for over 20 years, thus, this gives me at least something to "tread water" with, while I continue my search.

I've a nice family member who is letting me have her condo for pennies each month, which will certainly help in my overall expenses, since I've long since used up my retirement funds, etc., but would love the help with this issue since I don't live there as yet.

I've mostly bartended at night, but also as a server....hey, you do what you have to do to survive right? Thanks so much everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 05:40 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,478,290 times
A good place to find a consolidated list is at smittysnotes.com and click on Restaurants, then Fine Dining. I moved from W-S almost 3 years ago, so I'm not totally up-to-date on the latest developments, but you can click on the individual restaurants' links to see which ones fit your criteria. In perusing the list, there are definitely some that are "finer" dining than others.

Of the ones I'm familiar with, the best are:

Bernadin's at the Zevely House
Christopher's Cuisine
The Cotton Mill Restaurant
Fabian's (didn't realize it was open again)(verrrry small, but high end with fixed price menu)
Meridian
Milner's
Noble's Grille
Ryan's Steaks Chops & Seafood (long-established, locally owned and not to be mistaken with the chain that has similar name)
Sweet Potatoes (small but very popular)
West End Cafe (not totally high end, but very well established neighborhood restaurant & a great place to eat - lots of regulars)

Old 02-28-2011, 08:59 AM

Wow, that's great 'roadpony,' thank you so much! That's a huge help!

Old 03-01-2011, 10:21 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,316,119 times
You might want to check this place out in Greensboro:

Leblon Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse

Old 03-02-2011, 05:43 AM

Thank You 'lovesMountains' - I sure appreciate that!

Old 08-20-2022, 01:53 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,871,647 times
Has anyone eaten at Marisol? Is it worth it? I’m talking entire experience… ambience, atmosphere, service and of course food quality and tastiness.

Old 08-20-2022, 04:27 PM

368 posts, read 268,596 times
6th and vine in winston . Love the patio aera there, Kau in greensboro is amazing too!!

Old 08-21-2022, 10:47 AM

885 posts, read 696,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
6th and vine in winston . Love the patio aera there, Kau in greensboro is amazing too!!
OP was 11 years ago...

Old 08-21-2022, 11:20 AM

1,180 posts, read 1,018,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
OP was 11 years ago...
While true, I'm glad this got brought back.

Old 08-21-2022, 01:38 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,871,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
While true, I'm glad this got brought back.
Thank you. There’s something to be said for people who not only deliberately point out, but complain, about an old thread being bumped, when (1.) the search function allows for you to find old threads and get information and contribute and (2.) it saves everything getting gummed up with repeat threads… I actually give the side eye to people who don’t search first before they make a thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point