U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-13-2011, 03:09 AM

17 posts, read 61,723 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm looking for a really good salon for Black hair in the area with a knowledgeable and courteous staff. I am in dire need of a good trim/cut. I'm also flirting with the idea of doing color. I am natural and sometimes wear my hair curly although I usually just flat iron it straight. I don't prefer to go to a Dominican Salon because of the excessive amount of heat typically used. Any suggestions would be so appreciated. I'm also willing to drive outside of the Triad (if I must).

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 07:33 AM

23 posts, read 29,471 times
There is a place on Burke Street, across from the Light House Restaurant and City Beverage. I can't recall the name of it, but the salon has been there for quite some time. If you take a drive through the area, I'm sure you will see it.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:59 AM

Hi! Thank you Edinboro Bound for the reply. Do you know anyone personally that has had a good experience at this salon?

Old 03-13-2011, 12:28 PM

23 posts, read 29,471 times
Hello again,

The name of the salon is The Studio and it is located at 918 Burke St. Their phone number is 723.2447. I don't know personally know of anyone who has experience with this salon, but they have been in business for quite some time. It might be worth a phone call to see if they offer the services you are looking for.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:57 AM

92 posts, read 204,889 times
try dream weaves and wigs on swing road. stylist's name is eryka and she does an awesome job. i've gone to her once, but had to cancel my second appointment due to a recent move. number at the shop is ..336-989-1505

Old 03-27-2011, 10:08 PM

Thank you for that information.

I've also been recently referred to The Industry and Simply Beautiful salons, both of which are here in Greensboro.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,409 times
Default Black/African American Salons in Greensboro/Triad North Carolina

Hello, im not Sure if you have found a good African American Salon for your HairCut, Color & Blowouts etc... But I go to a Salon called 'Adrianne Simone' in Greensboro. They do a GREAT Job on Natural, relaxed, and Color Treated Hair... Also they are Very Thorough and Professional (which is a MUST for Me, I am VERY picky) Their # is 517-371-2971
(Tell them Diane Sent You)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point