U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 11:45 AM

36 posts, read 207,978 times

Advertisements

Good luck with your move! The friendliness of the people in Greensboro was wonderful! EVERYONE smiled, most said "Hello" when passing you by, etc. It's hard to put into words, but we all just fell in love with the place!!! I hope you will come away with the same feeling!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2006, 11:54 AM

Default To Niki

Niki, I was so glad you mentioned the Friendly Center in your post several weeks ago because I doubt if we would have gone there otherwise!! One store we often drove by, but didn't go in yet, was the HUGE Hecht's/Macy's that stands alone. That will definitely be a fun place to shop!! We have Hecht's stores where we are now, all morphing into Macy's - but the ones around here are the typical "Mall - size" ! Thanks again for your help!!

Old 08-27-2006, 03:35 PM

34 posts, read 101,970 times
Cool. Thx for sharing that!

Old 08-27-2006, 07:08 PM

463 posts, read 1,520,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
Thanks for your lovely post!! We DID visit the Guilford Mill!! Bought the yellow grits mix and the corn muffin one - we'll be sure to get the hushpuppy mix the next time!! We had the BEST hushpuppies at "Stamey's" - also really good cherry cobbler!
Good for you! So glad you visited the old Mill. Definitely a beautiful area. I haven't even made it to Stamey's or the Friendly shopping center yet. I'm getting spoiled by all the beautiful land and scenery around here and rarely drive out of my way for anything.

Regards,
Cassie

Last edited by Cassie; 08-27-2006 at 07:25 PM..

Old 08-28-2006, 08:22 AM

1,261 posts, read 3,900,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
Niki, I was so glad you mentioned the Friendly Center in your post several weeks ago because I doubt if we would have gone there otherwise!! One store we often drove by, but didn't go in yet, was the HUGE Hecht's/Macy's that stands alone. That will definitely be a fun place to shop!! We have Hecht's stores where we are now, all morphing into Macy's - but the ones around here are the typical "Mall - size" ! Thanks again for your help!!
The Hecht's/Macy's off of Wendover doesn't seem to have as much as the one at Friendly Center, but it is a nice store.

Another store I recommend if you live near Battleground or ever go out that way is Stein Mart. They have great prices and cute clothes. I don't live near Battleground (takes me about 30-45 minutes to get to Stein Mart), but I still try to make my way out there once in awhile.

Oh, and across the street from Stein Mart in another shopping center is a great little Mexican restaurant called Monterrey's. We always go there when we want Mexican food. It's worth the drive for us.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:41 AM

152 posts, read 441,419 times
Hey everyone. We are either leaving late tonight or early tomorrow morning for Greensboro. We are going to drive. The closing on our home in Summerfield is scheduled for Wed. afternoon. Unfortunately we won't be able to stay and visit all the great places you guys are mentioning because we have to get back to NY for my kids. Scheduling problems have forced us to close on Wed, Aug 30, but the moving truck can't be at my home in NY until Sept. 8. It is going to be such a tease to close on a brand new home, and then have to drive all the way back to NY for another week.
Anyway, I'm just really excited and had to share with someone. Thanks for listening.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:55 AM

293 posts, read 867,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie1014 View Post
Hey everyone. We are either leaving late tonight or early tomorrow morning for Greensboro. We are going to drive. The closing on our home in Summerfield is scheduled for Wed. afternoon. Unfortunately we won't be able to stay and visit all the great places you guys are mentioning because we have to get back to NY for my kids. Scheduling problems have forced us to close on Wed, Aug 30, but the moving truck can't be at my home in NY until Sept. 8. It is going to be such a tease to close on a brand new home, and then have to drive all the way back to NY for another week.
Anyway, I'm just really excited and had to share with someone. Thanks for listening.

Have a safe trip & best of luck on your closing!! We have to wait until at least Nov.or Dec. until our house is done in Union county.
Good luck!

Old 08-28-2006, 12:53 PM

Default To Cassie

We ate at "Stamey's" twice on our visit - my husband had seen a reference to it on the internet - hope you try it!!

Old 08-28-2006, 12:57 PM

Default To Niki

When we visited Raleigh/Cary earlier this summer I went to my first "Stein Mart" and found an adorable top!! We drove by the one in Greensboro but didn't stop - but I made a mental note of it!! Thanks for the info about the other Hecht's/Macy's - and the Mexican restaurant - we'll definitely eat there!!

Old 08-28-2006, 01:03 PM

463 posts, read 1,520,365 times
Smile To Jackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie1014 View Post
Hi Jackie,

I'm excited with you!

You'll have years to visit all the great places after you've moved and settled in.

Have a safe trip and take care!

Regards,

Cassie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point