U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 08:19 PM
JAS

570 posts, read 1,778,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perchy View Post
And yes, the Wendy's is more expensive in Oak Ridge than in G'boro or Kernersville. lol
That's the truth. I guess the franchise owner feels that he can stick us with those prices as long as we keep paying them.

A McDonald's Cafe is supposed to be opening across the street in the out-parcel next to the Tractor Supply Store sometime in the near future (at least I read that in the NW Observer several months ago) - maybe that will bring the prices down at Wendy's.

Also, the gas is more expensive at the Village Store than at other places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2006, 06:33 AM

152 posts, read 441,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
Welcome to NC! We landed at the end of May and we have certainly not regretted the move, though I do miss a lot of my friends that 50 years of living in an area creates.

I have found hushpuppies great even though I am pretty sensitive to onion flavour. At least with Smithfield's and Hursey's it isn't too strong. They remind me of clam fritters without the clams.

I have to get back to GSO more often -- we are about 30 miles east and frequently find ourselves going to Southpoint, Burlington or Chapel Hill. We did go to downtown Greensboro and I think we need to go back. Any town or city that has one of its major streets named "Friendly" definitely needs to be checked out more and I have found that Greensboro lives up to that reputation. In fact, it was the first place I ever visited here when we still lived in Mass. and I fell in love with the area.

If you go downtown, check out Elm St. and if you're hankering for microbrews, check out Nattie Green's!We decided that we wanted to live in a smaller town and so are in Mebane, which is midway between Durham and Greensboro. We have the best of both worlds here!
Hey Steve, Nattie Greens was the first place we tried when we were house hunting down here. Its a great place, we've been back there 3 times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point