Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2007, 10:08 PM

121 posts, read 382,727 times

Advertisements

I keep hearing about this area for furniture but can anyone recommend any places for someone just starting out who wants decent furniture but doesn't want to buy top quality yet as I am sure I will be moving around a lot in the next few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2007, 08:02 AM
JJM

61 posts, read 237,511 times
Furniture Land South on old business 85 is a great place to see.They have everything imaginable there. Some items are way over the top in prices but some are not. They also have an area with defects and dents and I'd be surprised if you could figure out the defect on most items. Be prepared to spend an entire afternoon because the place is huge! Don't be intimidated when you first walk in the front door and see the expensive designer furniture because they do have furniture in all price ranges.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:20 AM

26 posts, read 103,141 times
FurnitureLand South is great and the clearance center is a good place to start. Most of the big furniture companies have clearance centers - Thomasville has one next to the office in Thomasville. There are several along 311 in downtown High Point. I don't know if it is still there but Rose Furniture use to have one. A good time to check the clearance centers is just before Furniture Market - which is twice a year I think April and October.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:01 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
Thomasville Furniture Outlet has the best non pushy staff. Least the lady I work with from there she will even send you a brochure. I can refer you her if you like. She is great with matching colors and fabrics. and meeting the needs I had. My favorites are Hemingway collection and Bogart collection. I like her straight up approach as well she lets me know what is veneer or real quality. Plus I can go by biscuitville for made from scratch biscuits.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:41 PM

52 posts, read 193,868 times
sounds like a good place to go to - Thomasville for furniture and biscuitville for some home made biscuits! can't wait to get there next week!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point