U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 06:57 PM

668 posts, read 1,954,217 times
Southernsavers.com is a good website to use for NC grocery stores. Harris Teeter will triple coupons every so often and do super doubles when they double coupons that are up to $1.98, so pretty much it is good for $1.50 or 99 cent coupons that normally don't get doubled. Southernsavers.com figures out most of the deals for you. I have personally found a lot of the triples or super doubles are not that special unless the item is on sale because Harris Teeter can have high prices. The checkers in W-S have always doubled or tripled internet coupons for me, but they definitely stop at 20 coupons. I am not sure what happens if you go on to another store. I have seen the same ladies with their packed coupon binders at both stores nearby, so I assume they are using the same VIC card and using 20 more coupons. I have never been that extreme! It only takes 2 tubes of almost free toothpaste to give me a rush!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 07:24 PM

702 posts, read 786,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gborogal View Post
Hi thanks for that info NC~Mom, maybe the coupon rules differ from one HT location to the next. At which Harris Teeter store do you shop? (city please). Would you mind letting us know? I googled BI-LO store locations and there is one in Clemmons and Burlington. Thanks so much!

All Bi-Lo stores around w-s and clemmons have been closed for sometime. Not sure about Burlington

Old 04-07-2011, 07:55 PM

17 posts, read 58,477 times
All of this information is GREAT! Thanks sooo much! I'm excited to get started!

Old 04-20-2011, 09:31 PM

1 posts, read 4,516 times
Hi y'all! I am a reporter at Elon University and I was wondering if any of you couponers live around the Burlington area. I would love to profile someone saving extreme amounts of money on groceries using coupons. please message me back to get my contact info

Old 04-24-2011, 11:28 AM

2,658 posts, read 4,882,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
Serious couponers buy coupons online.
HT doubles coupons everyday, you can use them (paper coupons) along with the store e-vic card.
They also have occasional triple coupon events.
Not sure what stores are in your area, but BiLo also doubles coupons up to .99 everyday.
Try www.couponmom.com ...this site will help you match your coupons with sale items at local grocery stores for maximum savings.
Also check out these sites for printable coupons.
www.couponsuzy.com
www.smartsource.com
www.redplum.com
www.coolsavings.com
www.valpak.com
When signing up to these sites, I'd advise creating a separate e-mail address on yahoo, google, etc. just for that activity. Since I started serious coupon use and began accessing those sites (several listed above), I have been flooded with spam I don't care what the TOS agreements state about not selling information to third parties, I receive at least 6 or 7 spams a day from retail and online sales sites with whom I have had no previous communication.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:54 PM

13 posts, read 53,607 times
Quote:
Out of curiosity, I called one of the local Harris Teeter stores in Greensboro and asked if any coupons (e-VIC, printed, or otherwise) can be doubled or tripled, and the customer service representative told me no. Oh well, so much for saving money on my grocery bill..... :-/
The Harris Teeter in Winston Salem doubles. I shopped there on Tuesday. Total bill before VIC, eVIC, coupons, and double coupons, was $250. After all discounts it was $50.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:19 AM

3 posts, read 4,748 times
Quote:
Out of curiosity, I called one of the local Harris Teeter stores in Greensboro and asked if any coupons (e-VIC, printed, or otherwise) can be doubled or tripled, and the customer service representative told me no. Oh well, so much for saving money on my grocery bill..... :-/

You need to shop sales and follow a few coupon Blogs in the begining to figure things out. It took me almost two months to finally see mega results. I find it cheaper to order/print coupons then buying a paper some weekends. (Google "Coupon preview 10/2" or what ever that sunday's date is)

If you dont think you can save, you are mistaken!

And make sure you buy alot of papers this weekend. There will be 4 inserts!

Old 08-09-2012, 08:36 AM

1 posts, read 2,851 times
Does anyone know of any couponing classes in the Winston Salem/Greensboro area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point