U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:51 PM

17 posts, read 57,299 times
Default Extreme Couponing @ local Grocery Stores

Hi all, I've was watching the tv series "Extreme Couponing" and was curious if any Grocery Stores here locally "double" or "triple" coupons? Do any of you coupon regularly? If so, what are some of the local stores that you visit? What are the sources of your coupons (News & Observer/online/other)?

Thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 12:31 AM

580 posts, read 1,988,765 times
This from a Raleigh station, but great info for local couponing...
WRAL SmartShopper :: WRAL.com

Old 04-07-2011, 03:31 PM

702 posts, read 768,076 times
The only ones I have heard of is Harris Teeter. I just can not see where they get these cupons. I see them in the paper, internet ect. Yet, not for those items I purchase the most of. Maybe you could help this idiot figure it out.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:42 PM

Right, I did see that one of the women featured on the show shopped at Harris Teeter. However, I checked Harris Teeter's FAQ section and found this:

Do I need to print coupons?
No. Our coupons are paperless and work automatically when you swipe your VIC card at the register, so there is no need to print anything. However, for your convenience, you have the option of printing your e-VIC shopping list which includes your coupons.

Is there a limit on the number of coupons I can save?
You may have up to 99 different coupons saved in your account at any time.

Can coupons be doubled or tripled?
Paperless coupons will be redeemed for face value only and will not be doubled or tripled.

How many times can a coupon be used?
All coupons are limited to one usage per transaction. If the coupon is still available, you may go back and re-add it to your account.

Not sure if paperless (e-Vic Coupons) can be doubled or tripled? Any idea?

Old 04-07-2011, 03:46 PM

1,915 posts, read 2,727,583 times
Serious couponers buy coupons online.
HT doubles coupons everyday, you can use them (paper coupons) along with the store e-vic card.
They also have occasional triple coupon events.
Not sure what stores are in your area, but BiLo also doubles coupons up to .99 everyday.
Try www.couponmom.com ...this site will help you match your coupons with sale items at local grocery stores for maximum savings.
Also check out these sites for printable coupons.
www.couponsuzy.com
www.smartsource.com
www.redplum.com
www.coolsavings.com
www.valpak.com

Last edited by NC~Mom; 04-07-2011 at 04:00 PM..

Old 04-07-2011, 03:53 PM

Out of curiosity, I called one of the local Harris Teeter stores in Greensboro and asked if any coupons (e-VIC, printed, or otherwise) can be doubled or tripled, and the customer service representative told me no. Oh well, so much for saving money on my grocery bill..... :-/

Old 04-07-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
Serious couponers buy coupons online.
HT doubles coupons everyday, and also has occasional triple coupon events.
Not sure what stores are in your area, but BiLo also doubles coupons up to .99 everyday.
Hi thanks for that info NC~Mom, maybe the coupon rules differ from one HT location to the next. At which Harris Teeter store do you shop? (city please). Would you mind letting us know? I googled BI-LO store locations and there is one in Clemmons and Burlington. Thanks so much!

Old 04-07-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gborogal View Post
Hi thanks for that info NC~Mom, maybe the coupon rules differ from one HT location to the next. At which Harris Teeter store do you shop? (city please). Would you mind letting us know? I googled BI-LO store locations and there is one in Clemmons and Burlington. Thanks so much!

All HT's are the same. I live in Lincolnton, but am a member of a few coupon forums and they all shop the same way at HT.
One local girl I know will be on an episode of the show Extreme Couponing...can't wait to see her..she gets almost everything free.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
All HT's are the same. I live in Lincolnton, but am a member of a few coupon forums and they all shop the same way at HT.
One local girl I know will be on an episode of the show Extreme Couponing...can't wait to see her..she gets almost everything free.
Wow, interesting! I think I will give some couponing a try then at my local Harris Teeter! Thanks!

Old 04-07-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gborogal View Post
Wow, interesting! I think I will give some couponing a try then at my local Harris Teeter! Thanks!
I found this for you on the HT website about regular coupons.
I would also sign up for the e-vic program because they notify you of upcoming sales and you can use your coupons for sale items and save even more.

Coupon Policy

Harris Teeter Coupon Acceptance Policy

General
  • We accept coupons that have not passed their expiration date for use; we cannot accept any expired coupons.
  • We accept only one manufacturer coupon per purchased item.
  • We do not accept coupons on items not purchased.
  • Coupons must be presented at time of purchase; we cannot return money for coupons not used.
  • Coupons presented and items purchased must match exactly; size, variety, flavor, etc.
  • We uphold any purchase stipulations set forth by product manufacturer.
  • We accept only one coupon for Buy One Get One Free items.
  • We accept coupons for items only of equal or more value; we do not give cash back.
  • Sales tax is paid by customer at full retail.
Doubling
  • We accept 20 double coupons per day per customer/household with VIC card; all others redeemed at face value. No orders may be separated that would allow the 20 coupon limit to be exceeded or any other coupon limits to be exceeded.
  • We double manufacturer’s coupons up to face value of $0.99; with total amount not to exceed $1.98 or entire retail of item; whichever is less.
  • We double up to three identical items with manufacturer coupon; additional coupons for like item will be honored at face value. Like items include all flavors.
  • No competitor coupons will be doubled or tripled.
  • Coupons that state “do not double” should not be doubled or tripled.
  • eVIC coupons can be accepted along with paper coupons, however will not be doubled.
Internet Coupons
  • We gladly accept internet manufacturer’s coupons for product; however no “free” product internet coupons are accepted.
  • With the purchase of two like manufacturer’s products, we accept two internet coupons, per store, per day.
  • We do not accept internet coupons that do not appear to be originals or that won’t scan.
Competitor's Coupons
  • We gladly accept local competitors' manufacturer coupons. We also redeem circular or direct-mail coupons for money off of the total order.
  • We do not accept any internet coupons from other retailers.
Rainchecks
  • Rainchecks never expire and are accepted at any Harris Teeter store.
  • We do not issue rainchecks for coupon items that may be out of stock or for “while supplies last” items.
  • We reserve the right to limit raincheck quantities based on product availability and advertised limits.
  • Rainchecks can be written for a limit of three unless otherwise stated in the ad.
Scan Guarantee
  • Our scan guarantee states "If an item scans higher than the shelf tag or sign, you will receive one like item free, excluding alcohol and tobacco."
Harris Teeter reserves the right to limit quantities in coupon usage, as well as products and to amend our policies as we deem appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point