U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 06:38 PM

561 posts, read 1,294,540 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I live in Washington DC and was thinking about heading down to the High Point area for some furniture shopping. I remember hearing years ago that there were many deep discounts to be had on furniture, but that was long ago, and I was wondering of those deals even exist today? What kind of savings can be had? Are the deals so good that it's worth a special trip, or would I do just as well if I shopped around in DC? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 02:26 PM

13 posts, read 28,965 times
Sure, there are plenty of good deals, but they are mainly in furniture showroom outlet type stores. There are quite a few in the area, and they will mainly be filled with showroom samples and such.

There are great deals to be had, but it depends if you get lucky enough to find what you want, as inventory is constantly changing, and most are 'one off' pieces, or sets.

My wife and I have been looking for almost 6 months, waiting to find what were looking for (bedroom suite). If you find exactly what you want in one day, you'd be lucky. Usually takes multiple repeat visits, but when you find what you want you stand to save in the neighborhood of 30-60%. For example the other day we saw a bedroom suite that retailed between $7-8K, and it was listed around $3,800, just not our style. BUt we have the luxury of being able to check back every few days, so we're in no rush to buy just because it was a good deal.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:15 PM

39 posts, read 68,800 times
i'm going to be needing furniture, after I get moved, what places exactly are the best to go to in greensboro? Do they have deals where you can buy and pay not interest for certain amount of time and make payments and such?

THanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDMM5 View Post
Sure, there are plenty of good deals, but they are mainly in furniture showroom outlet type stores. There are quite a few in the area, and they will mainly be filled with showroom samples and such.

There are great deals to be had, but it depends if you get lucky enough to find what you want, as inventory is constantly changing, and most are 'one off' pieces, or sets.

My wife and I have been looking for almost 6 months, waiting to find what were looking for (bedroom suite). If you find exactly what you want in one day, you'd be lucky. Usually takes multiple repeat visits, but when you find what you want you stand to save in the neighborhood of 30-60%. For example the other day we saw a bedroom suite that retailed between $7-8K, and it was listed around $3,800, just not our style. BUt we have the luxury of being able to check back every few days, so we're in no rush to buy just because it was a good deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point