Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2011, 08:35 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,450,367 times

Advertisements

My family will be in Greensboro beginning next Friday April 22nd through April 26th.
I grew up in Greensboro, but cannot think of anything for my wife and 2 year old son to do while there.
Are there any kind of activities (festivals, etc) going on in the Triad next weekend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 07:20 AM

I was just checking out the first link before I posted my question.
I did not see much of interest for the dates I will be there.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:01 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
The Natural Science Center is a good family activity.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:05 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,652,237 times
Don't forget, that's Good Friday/Easter weekend.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:07 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,798,987 times
The famous Moravian Easter Sunrise Service in Old Salem on the 23rd: Home Moravian Church in Winston-Salem, NC (http://www.homemoravian.org/WednesdayNightFellowshipSuppers.cfm - broken link)

Old Salem Moravian Easter, Easter Egg Hunt on the 23rd: Old Salem Museums and Gardens | Moravian Easter at Old Salem (http://www.oldsalem.org/index.php?id=129 - broken link)

The BBQ Capital Cook-off in Lexington: Welcome to Uptown Lexington - Events and Activities

You'll just miss the RiverRun Film Festival and Cirque du Soleil's Alegria...but I'm not really sure what they would be interested in doing.

Greensboro's Natural Science Center: Natural Science Center of Greensboro

Winston-Salem's SciWorks: SciWorks, The Science and Environmental Park of Forsyth County

Dan Nicholas Park in Salisbury: DanNicholasPark.org, Salisbury, NC - Your Best Entertainment Bargain!

Reynolda House Museum of American Art in Winston-Salem: Reynolda House

The International Civil Rights Museum in Greensboro: The International Civil Rights Center & Museum

The North Carolina Farmer's Market in Colfax: NCDA&CS - Marketing Division - Piedmont Triad Farmers Market

Old 04-15-2011, 11:50 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,155,424 times
If nothing special is going on, City Lake Park in Jamestown is a great place to hang out. Lots of great activities for kids, like a boat or mini-train ride, fishing, putt-putt, and more.

I'm sure the farmer's market (linked above in Deacon's post) will have something special going on given that it's Easter weekend. It's a great place for very young kids--full of colors and tastes and people to catch their interest.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
The Natural Science Center is a good family activity.
My mother already has that planned for our son on one of the days.
I went there so many times when I was a kid it won't be much new for me to see, unless it's changed dramatically recently.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
The famous Moravian Easter Sunrise Service in Old Salem on the 23rd: Home Moravian Church in Winston-Salem, NC (http://www.homemoravian.org/WednesdayNightFellowshipSuppers.cfm - broken link)

Old Salem Moravian Easter, Easter Egg Hunt on the 23rd: Old Salem Museums and Gardens | Moravian Easter at Old Salem (http://www.oldsalem.org/index.php?id=129 - broken link)

The BBQ Capital Cook-off in Lexington: Welcome to Uptown Lexington - Events and Activities

You'll just miss the RiverRun Film Festival and Cirque du Soleil's Alegria...but I'm not really sure what they would be interested in doing.

Greensboro's Natural Science Center: Natural Science Center of Greensboro

Winston-Salem's SciWorks: SciWorks, The Science and Environmental Park of Forsyth County

Dan Nicholas Park in Salisbury: DanNicholasPark.org, Salisbury, NC - Your Best Entertainment Bargain!

Reynolda House Museum of American Art in Winston-Salem: Reynolda House

The International Civil Rights Museum in Greensboro: The International Civil Rights Center & Museum

The North Carolina Farmer's Market in Colfax: NCDA&CS - Marketing Division - Piedmont Triad Farmers Market
Thanks!
That BBQ Cook-off sound promising
Anyone here been to it before?
Do they let visitors taste the BBQ in the contest?

Old 04-22-2011, 08:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,103 times
Actually, the BBQ Cook-Off starts today, 4/22, and is also going on tomorrow, 4/23 but this is the very 1st one. From what I've read about it, you will be able to do tasting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point